Fiberglass hood

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Hey Oz.... did you guys use pliable soft urethane molds or was it the old hard mold type??

That would be awesome if you could get that stuff made for next to nothing.....since the fiberglass itself isn't that expensive.... most of the cost is getting a flawless mold made.

I can't remember what I figured out for fiberglass material costs....it was something like $75 to $100 for each hood. (resin and mat)

The labor is most of the production cost..... I can't remember what I was told....I think they said it takes about 3 hours start to finish what with all the sanding and finishing work required to give it a nice smooth finish.

I think the rate was about $57 per hour including shop supplies.
Goldenboy
Super

Post by Goldenboy »

If any of you guys really want to do it, I'll for sure by one...I'll put my lanos into car show next summer...I truly need an other hood. I was planing to look around for a shop to make one for me but if One of you can make it....we are in besiness :)

Let me know

Mat 8)
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Ok if anyof you guys can make it , I talk w\ members of hte daewoo lcub here and more than 5 was interested in the hood. As you know this will reduce many of the weight on the daewoo's. :twisted:
ImageImage
E'ville Woo

Post by E'ville Woo »

If it can be done and if I have the money I would get one sence my hood has a dent in it from some idiot who pulled out in front of me.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Hey Oz..... if you can do these hoods for a fairly low cost and decent quality I would be willing to front some money if need be.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I have to go see who is still working at the fiberglass plant.

If my friend Dwayne is no longer running the vaccuum mold, then I don;t know if I will be able to get the mold made. The owner of the company was a prick and will probbly want to throw me out of the building because I dont work there.

LOL

I'll have to find out next Friday when I go there on my day off from work. It is a 2 hour drive each way from my house.

Cliff
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:I'll have to find out next Friday when I go there on my day off from work. It is a 2 hour drive each way from my house.
So did you make it out there on Friday???

I don't mean to be impatient.....I just want to finalize my plans for my Lanos which includes several other body modifications.

I can imagine 2 hours of driving is a pain.... can you call the plant and ask for someone who could tell you if your buddy is still working in that area??

If your buddy isn't working there do you think you could still get them to give you a deal on the mold??
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

I didn't make it out Friday because I forgot I had an appointment with the Vet for my dog that afternoon.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Any progress on the whole "gonna talk to the guys where I used to work" thing??
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Erfinder wrote:Any progress on the whole "gonna talk to the guys where I used to work" thing??
With work & getting enrolled at the university, trying to get my Leganza fixed after the hit & run last week, working on my house & too much to list, I have not had time.

I have a little over a week off from work coming up, so I will drive out there when I spend a few days at my parent's house.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Thanks Cliff. That is greatly appreciated.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

:D Hopefully this works out...... I've been itching to get something going but if you have the connections at your old job I'm sure you could get it done way cheaper than I could......thanks again for looking into it. :D
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Cliff, any chance you might swing by the plant during Christmas??
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

I allready know I will be out that way so I can stop by and find out who is still working there.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Have a merry Christmas