got codes: P0113 P0342 P1627

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

CustomVW

got codes: P0113 P0342 P1627

Post by CustomVW »

I failed NJ inspection because I got these three codes:
P0113 (IAT - intake air temp)

P0342 (Camp shaft positijn sensor) I just brought it in for the recall and they gave it back with CEL saying CamSensor fixed, but O2 was bad (thus the CEL), but cam code comes bact even after eraser by scanner

P1627 (analong to digialcoversion error)

What do I need to do here?

This place sucked (that did the recall) they took off v/c and either check or replaced the Cam Sensor, but they never put on a new v/c gasket and that thing is leaking oil all over.... I have a new Cam Sensor and v/c gasket that I just bought on my own, but I can't see how to get can sensor out without taking off engine mount. I can't get timing cover off. I have the 2 1000 page factory service manuals, but they don't mention removing the mount, but I can't get the timing cover off.

Any help here?

Also do those codes indiacte a bad o2 sensor?
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

what car are we talking about here?? if it is a lanos then you can refer to the "how to change timing belt" in the how to section to see how to remove the cam gear cover... i am sure no engine mount removal is necessary.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
CustomVW

Post by CustomVW »

mmamdouh wrote:what car are we talking about here?? if it is a lanos then you can refer to the "how to change timing belt" in the how to section to see how to remove the cam gear cover... i am sure no engine mount removal is necessary.

MMamdouh
Sorry, it is a 1999 Leganza CDX that is completely un modified. Looks like the Intake Air Temp code was due to the jackass service place leaving it unplugged after whatever BS they did to my cam sensor. I cleared that code and idled car for 2-3 minutes and the only code that cam back was that damn cam sensor code...
CustomVW

Post by CustomVW »

:cry:

any help out here??????
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

that AIT socket will trigger a CEL for sure... now that you are over and done with that you have to check the socket of the CMP also... who knows maybe the same asshole didn't put it right.

unfortunatly i don't have much experiance with the 2.2 engine to give you more help... sorry.

MMamdouh
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

The Cam timing sensor was a recalled item, so perhaps if they replaced it, the new one could be bad, too, so it should be replaced again.
CustomVW

Post by CustomVW »

Turns out that they put my same cam sensor back in without even offering to sell me a new one... They are going to install the one I bought from www.GM-Car-Parts.com for a $42 labor charge. I also need to provide my own new v/c gasket. I still am having trouble sorting out the other codes.... I did get a inactive o2 code, so that is an obvious fix, but there are other codes like P1133 that are "manufacturer controlled air and fuel metering" codes. I think these are cam sensor related, can anyone confirm this????

What would cause:

Evap sys - not ready
Catalyst - not ready
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

DTC 1133 reads: O2 bank one sensor one too few transitions

you got something wrong with your O2 sensor.

MMamdouh
CustomVW

Post by CustomVW »

mmamdouh wrote:DTC 1133 reads: O2 bank one sensor one too few transitions

you got something wrong with your O2 sensor.

MMamdouh
Bank 1 Sensor 1 means it is the pre cat sensor (the one that is in the manifold), right?

Thanks for the help by the way :D
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

not 100% sure but it sounds pretty much like that.

MMamdouh
Adam454ss
Junior

Cam Sensor

Post by Adam454ss »

VW
I have changed a cam sensor on my wife's nubira. I had to remove the pass. motor mount in order to do it. Raise the car and support it on jack stands. Then support the engine from underneath and remove it. If the Leganz is like the Nubira the Cam sensor is between the camshaft sprokets, correct? If so, you will have to remove the serpentine belt and then the belt cover. Now you will understad why I said "Raise and support the vehicle" There are lower belt cover bolts that are a pain to get at if the car is not raised. Once the cover is removed you will see the camshaft sensor sitting recessed between the cam gears. You will see a torque head bolt, not to fret though, if memory serves me correctly, a 1/4" deep socket on a 1/4" drive 6" extension will reach and remove the bolt. Now you just have to put it back together. When you get to reinstalling the motor mount you may have to grab the back of the motor, side closest to the fire wall, and "rotate towards you to line up the holes. Just have the nuts at hand to quickly put them on the studs. (okay get your mind out of the gutter! :wink: ) Once everything is on you have to reset the computer to erase the code. Mine reset it self after I ran it for a few minutes. But that was just me! :lol:
This should take you, if taking your time, about 4 hours from start to finish.

Good luck!
When in doubt, FLOOR it!!!
Adam454ss
Junior

???

Post by Adam454ss »

Some how I put my previous statement in the wrong thread. My bad. :D
When in doubt, FLOOR it!!!