Some DTC codes

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

Some DTC codes

Post by MMamdouh »

MMamdouh
Last edited by MMamdouh on Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
nefary
Junior

Post by nefary »

Simple question
how can I get the code?
I heared alot about error codes. I understand this . but the proplem what is the tool used to get the code?
if it uses a device avaliable @ work shops or the service centers I think it is not useful to study the codes because the center will recover the error as its job

a.k.n
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

you can get the code using an OBD (On Board Dignostic) scan tool and it will give you the code... you got to know what the code means or else the reader would be usless.

i guess those are the OBD II codes as i have a bunch of other 2 digit codes that are related to the OBD version... ii think.

i know one shop (other than Daewoo stealership) so far that got a Daewoo, KIA & Hayundai OBD scan tool and it is 100 meters from my mechanic's shop and they charge 20 LE for a scan (3.45 USD).

claming that the shop should know the codes is not always right... at least in Egypt. some guys could be dumb enough not to know what the code means and some other could be dumber that they search for a solution to the problem in the wrong direction even though they know what error they got.

it never hurts to know what the hell other people are screwing with while trying to fix your car... better to be safe than sorry.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

I never trust a mechanic with my car. I have been in many situations where my parents got ripped off by mechanics. Private mechanics are bad but dealerships are worse, they are bastards who take advantage of people who don't know about cars. Thats basically the reason that I got into cars, cause I got sick of dealing with dealers and mechanics. Its not even the money, its just them thinking they are god and that you can't do anything without them. I remember Daewoo of St. Pete charging ridiculous prices for things I could have done quickly and easily now, but whats done is done, and I don't like to deal with them anymore. Even the ODB II codes they read now are flawed, because some of them are so basic that a mechanic will change half of your car before solving it. If you aren't good with cars, of you don't have a mechanic who you are personal friends with, you're sh*t out of luck when your car dies.

LoL, :lol: Sorry for the rant, but I feel really strongly about this and really don't like dealerships and auto repair chains, they make me paranoid.

Now lets not get started on my feeling with Toyota dealerships!
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

most newer code readers have the decoder built in and will tell you the error... mine does :lol:

and don't go to a mechanic if you have a cel... go to an autozone or somewhere that will read it for FREE
ivanhoe

Post by ivanhoe »

i have a problem with OBD reader because of strange type of connector on my lanos 1.5. Does any have pinout of lanos connector?
http://www.cannonballforums.se : CannonBall Community - Cars, Clubs & Tuners