Aveo electrical problem

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

04aveohb
Junior

Aveo electrical problem

Post by 04aveohb »

Put it here and at the aveo forums, because this might get answers faster. My clock resets to 1:00 when i open the door. And my cd player doesnt turn on anymore. I looked in the fuse bix and saw the clk/rad was burnt out. I put a new one in and it fried, took off the + on the battery and still fried when i hooked the battery back up. How do I put this in without frying it, it is the correct amp's also. No amplifier hooked up anymore, nothing else messed with except the headunit harness was cut for a coaxial to RCA converter. I think its the fuse, it was blown, and I guess clk/rad is the clock and radio. ANyways, it is at the bottom in the middle, has a special pull out "tray" for it, so im guessing something special needs to happen...
2004 Chevy Aveo LS Hatchback
-SRI
-15" Konig Theory's
04aveohb
Junior

Post by 04aveohb »

anyone know??
-SRI
-15" Konig Theory's
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

repatative fried fuse means one thing... you got a short somewhere and unless you fix that first you are wasting your fuses.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
04aveohb
Junior

Post by 04aveohb »

thanks I got it, i made a switch for my amp because i hooked it to a constant 12v source. So, to not drain my battery i had to use a switch, the switch wasnt on, i flicked it and it went in fine, im listening to music again. wow i didnt realize how much I rely on music, even for one day i was about to cry.
-SRI
-15" Konig Theory's
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

We don't realize the real value of things untill we lose them.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

damn i haven't had bass in my car for awhile and i hated it the first week. then i just got used to it. hell right now since its been so long i'm thinking my 6x9's are hitting pretty good. can't wait to get my system back in working condition after i get my new amp.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.