REMOTE ENGINE START ALARM FOR M/T

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daftmajin
Expert

REMOTE ENGINE START ALARM FOR M/T

Post by daftmajin »

I have an Asianwolf 20099/Lynx 2000 Car alarm/Remote Starter that is compatible with automatic and manual transmission cars. Most manual transmission cars out there today do not require you to hold the clutch in order to start the car, but M/T Daewoo Lanos's do. I was wondering if this would cause a problem using the remote start. If it does, is there a way to start a M/T Daewoo Lanos without holding the clutch by disabling it??? There is such a thing called a bypass module that asianwolf.com sells here is a guide: http://www.asianwolf.com/BypassModuleRe ... Guide.html
nothin for daewoo. Besides I don't think the "bypass module" is for the clutch problem, I think it disables some backup security system on certain cars. Here is a video of someone explaining the Alarm system I have http://www.asianwolf.com/video/lynx2000.WMV still doesn't give a solution to the clutch problem. I haven't even installed the alarm yet so I don't know for sure if the clutch will even cause a problem. Maybe the remote starter just tells the car's computer to start the motor without the clutch but I don't really know. You guys have any ideas?
daftmajin
Expert

Post by daftmajin »

BIG BUMP
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr
Eng:APC/DaewooTech.Net/Magnecor/NGK/Optima/Ractive/Unique Motorsports/powdercoated valve cover/removed intake resonator
Susp:Intrax/KYB
Rollers:Falken/Rage
Ext:Dan's Decals/mesh grille/OEM wing&foglights
ICE:Audiobahn/Pioneer
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

you should have a switch that is connected to the clutch pedel. unplug the harness to it. either you have to just unplug it or put a jumper across the wire. but when you hook up this starting unit you better make sure you don't have it in gear or your car is going to jump forward, also might want to check your e brake to make sure it is good working order.
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
daftmajin
Expert

Post by daftmajin »

Brian5475E wrote:but when you hook up this starting unit you better make sure you don't have it in gear or your car is going to jump forward
It has a built in mechanism that will prevent it from starting the car if it is in gear.
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr
Eng:APC/DaewooTech.Net/Magnecor/NGK/Optima/Ractive/Unique Motorsports/powdercoated valve cover/removed intake resonator
MMamdouh

Re: REMOTE ENGINE START ALARM FOR M/T

Post by MMamdouh »

daftmajin wrote: Most manual transmission cars out there today do not require you to hold the clutch in order to start the car, but M/T Daewoo Lanos's do.
who said manual Lanoses require stepping on the clutch to start the engine?? i only know Hayundai card require that.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
daftmajin
Expert

Post by daftmajin »

The Lanos will not start without the clutch in. Atleast here in the USA.
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

OIC... maybe this is in the USA market indeed as in here the only cars that requires doing that are the Hayundais and all owr Daewoos (not just Lanoses) doesn't require that at all.

i say bypass the damn switch that is hooked to the clutch pedal just like our Hayundai guys do when installing a remote starter.

MMamdouh
daftmajin
Expert

Post by daftmajin »

mmamdouh wrote:i say bypass the damn switch that is hooked to the clutch pedal just like our Hayundai guys do when installing a remote starter.

MMamdouh
OK but how? just remove the sensor??
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i will have to ask someone... i was never good at this stuff and never done it on my own but i know it can be done somehow :roll:

if you just removed the sensor and kept the circuit closed as if you are stepping on the clutch all the time, won't it do the trick??

whats the benefits of "clutch stepping engine start" anyways??

MMamdouh
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

whats the benefits of "clutch stepping engine start" anyways??
good question i have no idea. maybe a saftey reason? safety for what, not sure.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i was thinking of that too, maybe to prevent the car from jumping if you accedently started the engine while the gears are not in the neutral position.

so far so good but you will automatically release the clutch after the engine is started and then the car will jump anyways, only this time the jump will be more brutal as now the car is powered by the engine rather than just the starter motor :shock:

on another thought: maybe this is to protect the starter motor from beeing toasted if you tried to start the engine with the hand brakes applied and the gears are not in neutral position.

if no clutch is applied then the starter motor will have to move a car that is opposing movement through the hand brakes and this will be one heavy load... i guess this could hurt the starter motor but will it cause so much damage that it requires a safty device?? you only turn the key for a split second till you realize what is wrong.

needless to say that if that happens (apply clutch and start an in gear car) then you will automatically release the clutch and the car will jump. :evil:

MMamdouh
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

thats a possibility but like you said it would be kinda pointless b/c the car will jump anyways. oh well i guess we'll never know until like OZ or erfinder read this

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

The reason that remote starts are made mainly for auto transmissions is safety, the only way you turn off an automatic car is to put it in park, which locks it up so the remote starter can't move the car if it is on. On the other hand, manual cars can be turned off in any gear and if you leave it (for example) on a hill in first gear to keep the car from rolling backwards, remote start can make the car move forward.

Main reason I don't like remote start is that you have to disable or bypass the immobilizer system making the car really easy to start of it is stolen, even if you have an alarm. And for my car it is totally useless since I don't have heat or AC :lol: .
scarr
Junior

Post by scarr »

I'm not sure about the laws where you live but I do know that in the 3 states that I've lived in since I've owned a car, remote starters on M/T vehicles are prohibited by law. (Texas, South Carolina, and New Hampshire) Might wanna check what your state laws are before you install it, as I understand it here in Texas, it is a HUGE fine if you get caught with remote start on a M/T vehicle.
daftmajin
Expert

Post by daftmajin »

scarr wrote:I'm not sure about the laws where you live but I do know that in the 3 states that I've lived in since I've owned a car, remote starters on M/T vehicles are prohibited by law. (Texas, South Carolina, and New Hampshire) Might wanna check what your state laws are before you install it, as I understand it here in Texas, it is a HUGE fine if you get caught with remote start on a M/T vehicle.
I live in Mesquite! This alarm/starter was specifically designed for M/T and safeguards itself from starting if the tranny is in gear. I should be ok.
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr