Aveo seems to have a real heavy flywheel

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

subachad

Aveo seems to have a real heavy flywheel

Post by subachad »

Has anyone noticed that when you rev the aveo in neutral and let off the gas the engine doesn't slow down at all? I'm thinking about having a custom pulley spun and would like to get a lighter flywheel in there. Has anyone done anything about this?

Chad
Check out my site at www.uniquemotorsports.com
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I wonder if the 1.5L Lanos flywheel will fit the Aveo 1.6.
If I remember correctly, the flywheel from the 1.5 is a direct fit to the 1.6L Lanos engine, if you use the clutch assebley with it, too. That flywheel is, I think, 10 pounds lighter.

I may be wrong on this, but I seem to remember reading on here that the two were interhcangable.

Anyone else have more information?

Cliff
subachad

Post by subachad »

A quick check on the flywheel would be to see if the clutches have the same part numbers, if so, it's a go. I suspect the 1.5 might have a smaller clutch and hence smaller flywheel.

I broke 150 miles on the car tonight and it is reving much smoother. I think it just needed to be broken in some. I'm also going to try something with the exhaust to see if that has something to do with it.

Chad
Check out my site at www.uniquemotorsports.com
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

I just checked at NAPA online according to the site for a 2000 lanos both the 1.5 and 1.6 use the NNCMU703041 clutch kit. So according to napa they do use the same clutch yeah!
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
cielo20

flywheel

Post by cielo20 »

if you had a heavier flywheel the revs would drop faster!
as with what you expiriensed usually happens when you have a lightened flywheel!
MMamdouh

Re: flywheel

Post by MMamdouh »

cielo20 wrote:if you had a heavier flywheel the revs would drop faster!
as with what you expiriensed usually happens when you have a lightened flywheel!
that is not correct... the heavier flywheel will have more inertia so it will lose its revving power in a longer time period.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
cielo20

?

Post by cielo20 »

i dont think im wrong as i had a lightened flywheel on my car and had that problem that the revs go up bloody fast then take some time to come down and had to remove it!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

this is just laws of physics... a heavier body have more inertia thus more resistance to change its current state.

the fast accelerating light flywheel is normal but i don't know why didn't it lose revs fast... anyways if you checked performance parts on sites you will always find LIGHT flywheels rather than heavy flywheels for sale.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
killer007

Post by killer007 »

The revs comming down fast or slow only depends more upon the iddle air controle motor. This is an anti stall mechanism. Some aveo owners are having problems with them. Fortunatly im not one. My idle comes down just as it should. You might want to take it in!