how to get the deepest exhaust note on forenza?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

the exhaust on my lanos is a fart can that i cut apart and packed with myown kevlar and custom center pipe. it's a nice tone, and it's concealed under the car with just a nice tip out the back.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

greentrep94 wrote:Your "friend" probably has a stock-ass Intrepid and only races because he's got V6 and wasn't able to get a different car.
Just want to correct you about the assumption of my friend. He's got 2 cars one of them is a V8 Dodge Dakota.
Other than that, I'm sorry if I was being rude (I did say "no offense" and just stated my opinion). Agreed on lets "drop it" comment.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

BosnianLanos wrote:Fart cans are a joke, people cut off their stock mufflers and weld on the fart cans which really don't do anything or have any sound cancelling properties. It does nothing for performance and even if it does, the stupid sound isn't worth it.
It still adds very little performance since the stock mufflers are very restrictive... so even if you do get a universal fart cannon from ebay, it will be straight through which will add a few ponnies. I never disliked the sound of those, unless it's super high pitched and sounds like crap. Ractive is very good company though, had 2 mufflers from them so far and both sounded very deep.
greentrep94

Post by greentrep94 »

well it definitely won't be a El cheapo muffler. Probably Ractive of one of those titanium Megan Racing ones. I just keep hearing hondas which have this raspy sound and few neons (not srt4s) that have a better sounding grunt. I'd really hate to have that cheap sounding raspy sound.
www.forenzamotorsports.co

Post by www.forenzamotorsports.co »

My exhaust sounds deep and never a hint of crotch rocket! Just got it on today and I am very pleased. All new system starts right before the axel
and attaches to OEM flange. I have not tried it with the baffle removed & see no reason to.

Scott

www.forenzamotorsports.com
I LOVED :) THE CAR THAT YOU LOVE..FORENZA!
greentrep94

Post by greentrep94 »

so im guessing you kept the stock resonators...
did you try with and without the muffler's silencer?
www.forenzamotorsports.co

Post by www.forenzamotorsports.co »

Yes the resinator is still in for now and I'm kicking around removing it.
I LOVED :) THE CAR THAT YOU LOVE..FORENZA!
SyNt4x

Post by SyNt4x »

I got a custom made 2.25" mandrel bent exhaust put on my lanos about a month and a half ago. The resonator was removed and a high flow muffler was put on (not sure as of which brand of muffler it is but its one the shop had on hand at the time). im beginning to think it was a cheap muffler, because my exhaust has like this shit noise when you put your foot into it. Im guessing its that raspy noise your talking about. I am wondering if this is due to not having a resonator or whether its just being a shitty muffler. Do you guys recommend putting a new resonator on or getting a new muffler?

When the exhaust was fitted through a mates mate, i questioned the noise and he said the muffler needs to get carbon build up and it will stop the tinny noise. Its not been about 6/7 weeks and its still doing it.

Any ideas would be great. Can ya get Ractive direct in Australia or is this an american company???? As i havent heard of them before.

Regards

Andrew
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

dont waste your time with a cannon, ask around exhaust places to see which they think is the deepest, out of all my friends who have cannons on their cars (V6's too) all of them are high pitched. I just have a lukey performance muffler and i rate it higher then all the rest cause it only goes to a higher pitch at 5500rpm, but lower then that and it drones quite nicely. Just ask the mob at a few exhaust shops and if you get the same opinion from 2 or 3 different places they may be correct.
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
SyNt4x

Post by SyNt4x »

I decided to get under the car today and just found out that its a POS mercury muffler. I think i will be getting this changed quite shortly.
"Woo" you said that yours getting higher pitch after 5500rpm, is there actually a rev limit on the lanos because its possible my car is getting up that high im not sure. Ive never been a huge fan of lukey in the past. But ill sus it out.

Andrew
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

SyNt4x wrote:I decided to get under the car today and just found out that its a POS mercury muffler. I think i will be getting this changed quite shortly.
"Woo" you said that yours getting higher pitch after 5500rpm, is there actually a rev limit on the lanos because its possible my car is getting up that high im not sure. Ive never been a huge fan of lukey in the past. But ill sus it out.

Andrew
If you have a Lanos, the rev limiter is at 6250 rpm
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

the high pitchness is from my intake i think, i put on the box for a few runs and it didnt do it. You also gotta be carefull a bit when it comes to tips aswell, cause mine had a 3' pipe out the back for a day (i took it straight back to get it off) and it echoed bad, thats why now all i got is a 2' steel pipe, no chrome or nothing. You dont have to go for a lukey, it just what i have. From what my friends have, all i can say is that you may be better off without a cannon knocking round in the rear
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."