www.optramotorsports.com Chevy Optra Parts

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

www.optramotorsports.com

www.optramotorsports.com Chevy Optra Parts

Post by www.optramotorsports.com »

Also just to cover the Optra side of things I got www.optramotorsports.com to dual link which will be good when the real site is done with www.forenzamotorsports.com

So if you have some HOT LINKS for Optras let me know! Also if YOU KNOW OF VERY SPECIFIC DIFFERENCES BESIDES HOOD/BUMPER/EMBLYMS ETC... Please post to this topic so notes can be taken.

Just like the Forenza if you have an Optra it is almost a duplicate of a Forenza. At optra motorsports the goal to also build a catalog of parts is still in the works. I am trying to find a company to build either a standard Optra Header or a Ceramic coated header & also trying to get a company to make a Optra Cat Back exhaust or Optra full exhaust & I have even offered up all my factory pipe to get some one to build from it.

A Optra Carbon Fiber dash kit , Optra cold air intake , Optra spark plug wires ( Optra 8mm wires that is ) , and a computer ECU upgrade are in the "talks" right now so I will update more later.

Last a Optra Body Kit or Optra Ground Effects (what ever you wish to call it) is also being worked on so keep your fingers crossed.

IF YOU WISH TO CONTRIBUTE IN ANY WAY PLEASE GET WITH ME!

SUPPORT THE CARS FORENZA AND OPTRA
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I wish you luck... the only thing that makes me wonder if you really know what your talking about is the statement that "a computer ECU upgrade are in the "talks" right now"

Considering this is a brand new Delphi ECU I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for someone to crack the binary file.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
www.forenzamotorsports.co

Post by www.forenzamotorsports.co »

There is a german company that has worked on Nubira computers. So If I can find a computer out of Forenza or Optra they claimed they could get into it.

Later
I LOVED :) THE CAR THAT YOU LOVE..FORENZA!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Nubira uses an older AC Delco management system.... the new ones use a totally different Delphi system with the high speed CAN interface.

The AC Delco programs are easy to modify.... there are several companies doing this allready ( in Europe )

I even have the "decoding" information for the Binary files as well as upload/download protocols.... but I haven't had time to look into it much.

Who knows... I guess I will see how things work out with the Delphi system first.... if I run into problems the first thing I'm going to do is install the AC Delco system from my 2.2L Leganza engine
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Mario

Post by Mario »

Nubira uses an older AC Delco management system.... the new ones use a totally different Delphi system with the high speed CAN interface.
The new ECU uses CAN to communicate with other computers in the car (SRS / Transmission / Security modules / etc...) but still uses the plain old (and slow) KWP2000 protocol.

In fact, I've been quite disappointed to see how slow it was to refresh data on the TECH2 scantool at the dealer. The tech even complained himself about how slow it was to "flash" the Trans Controller (15 mins) compared to any other recent GM cars.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I read about the CAN interface with the TCM and automatically assumed that the ECU was running a CAN serial communication protocal for everything.

Why on earth would they use the CAN protocol for intervehicle communications between modules and switch to KWP2000 for external communications?? :?

It's a good thing I didn't buy the CAN serial communications module kit I was looking at.... thanks for letting me know.

I looked up the CAN application list on one of the IEEE sites and it didn't list the Optra/Forenza but I wasn't sure that the list was up to date.

The factory manuals don't specifically talk about the interface between the TECH2 and the ECU..... they only give pin out diagrams of the data link connector and talk about the interface between the different modules.

Still either way.... the Delphi system will most likely have a totally different Binary file configuration as compared to the AC DELCO system.

I was going to search around and see if any of the other GM vehicles were using the DELPHI management system..... if they do there are probably people working on the Binary files as we speak.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Mario

Post by Mario »

I confirmed the info (KWP2000) from the european Lacetti manual.

I also built the scantool (check scantool.net for infos) ISO/KWP OBDII interface. I'm able to "talk" with the ECU, but no sensor readings is possible without the dealer tool. Otherwise, it is able to display and reset trouble codes. Just like a basic OBDII code reader.

Even my old 96 Saturn was at least able to display sensor readings!
www.forenzamotorsports.co

Post by www.forenzamotorsports.co »

Well that is information I did not have so thankyou. Based on this even if they had done an 03 Nubira this is not the same as I had hoped. I finally got my shot down email from JET today ( I'm surprised ) they did a Dodge Avenger V6 comp for me years ago when it had been on the market like 4 weeks. I know there could be some simple adjustments that could unlock 10-15 more HP and more aggressive shift points would be great for the auto.

Scott
I LOVED :) THE CAR THAT YOU LOVE..FORENZA!