All flash and no burn...

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

CHNDROSE
Junior

All flash and no burn...

Post by CHNDROSE »

Thought that I would share this since it was so funny.

The other night I had this guy trying to get my attention, while driving in traffic. So at a red light he whips around so both of our cars are side by side and in front. He revs his Saturn (pimped out with new front bumper cover, side skirts, 18" wheels, and an interesting paint job) and I do not even bother to look over. Light goes green and I tear out from there leaving him well behind. His manhood now threatened he revs and rocks the car a bit at the next light. I even let him get forward by about a third of the car length. LOL, he must have small rodents running the engine.

So I think maybe he is doing the "letting the lady win" thing so I make sure to look over and laugh at him (not hard, he had the big bandana across the forhead and the baseball cap all askew and was scrawny) and then left him behind once again.

So are Saturns so underpowered that a stock Reno can blow them out or was this guy just that terrible? He had a terrible reaction time to the green light which is why I managed to dust him each time I am sure. Of course after the third time he gunned it over the speedlimit to get in front and then turned at the next light.
Light without shadow is blindness.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i said it before and i say it again... it is a man/machine combination so it could be the bad driver and/or the car that caused this, this works both ways so maybe you are too damn good driver on a really fast car :lol:

yesterday i got smoked by a BMW 318 but i was not sad at all... it is a much better car than mine with much bigger engine and i did piss off the guy before we were side to side at the red light... when it turned green i gave it all i got knowing that he can beat me with no effort and that was the case... he even pushed the engine till i could hear it with my windows closed and the cassette on, it was kinda brutal revenge rather than a race.

that reminds me of a guy in some 90ish VW golf that tried to out run me on a traffic light... at first i noticed he was trying to give me the look while we are at the red light so i knew he was going to try something... when it turned green i just floored it at first gear and in second and he was way back.

the funny thing is he tried the same thing at the next red light... i thought he had something better to do this time and yes he revved hard, spun his wheels and was going much aggresive now... i just watched all that action on my rear view mirror.

such things are related to both the machine and the driver... if one of thim is not doing its job right then a defeat is invetable.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Saturns just suck...

They are very slow, poor quality cars. I have a friend with a late '90s Saturn who talks crap about my Daewoo. His SL1 or SL2 has about the same horsepower as mine (maybe 5 HP less) yet he can't even compete with me, I leave him in the dust any time he tries something at a light when we are going somewhere.

So yes, it was a fair win, I have no doubt a 2.0 Reno with like 125 HP can beat a crap car with like 100 HP, regardless of the amount of intakes or exhausts he has.

Now the Saturn Ion RedLine is a different story.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

My friend had a saturn and it wasnt very slow. Cant remember what saturn but it had like 120hp but only weigh about 2200pounds
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
CHNDROSE
Junior

Post by CHNDROSE »

Thanks for the replies. I think I just found it strange because the Reno is not exactly a big powerhouse by any stretch of the imagination and it has taken me some time to get used to her not being as quick as my last car.

I do want to pick up some upgrades for her, but I need to find another mechanic since the last one was my now ex. Never let romance and car maintenance mix! It's like finding a really good hair stylist; you have to keep ahold of them FOREVER. :D
Light without shadow is blindness.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

The reno can beat a good amount of the cheaper cars out there that people like to fix up and also w/ few upgrades beat some more expensive ones. I beat this RSX all the time along w/ a few other cars that have a good amount of power. I've even beat plenty of cars out there that should toatlly smoke me cuz people dont know how to drive and im not even very good at my starts yet. Just get good at shifter and from a dead start and you can beat a hell of alot of cars or at least worry a few off the line

When my car was stock i beat a very very fixed up civic. It had like 19s, coil-overs, fulll bodykit, paint job, (then later i talked to them and found out it had lots of engine upgrades from pulleys, headers, exhaust, intake, and so forth
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

its all in the driver/car package... i smoked a Lanos hatch some 3 years ago with my Lanos... we both got the same engine, no modifications whatsoever yet i passed him as if he was stanging still... he gave me hard time during weaving through traffic though.

so to sum it up: it doesn't matter what you got, it only matters what you can do with it.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267