An aftermarket parts dealer

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

bluesheepbrian
Expert

An aftermarket parts dealer

Post by bluesheepbrian »

Hey was wondering if you guys would have any info on how I can become a dealer for aftermaket parts. Up here in Maine it is very limited, perfect oppurtunity. :wink:

I know I can got to the sites of these makers a become a dealer but from there is little confusing. Worry'd about not having enough front money to even start. :?

any info would be helpful, thanx guys
2002 Daewoo Lanos HB
www.evo-imports.com
www.myspace.com/bluesheepbrian
"Beating a Honda is like banging a fat chick. Everyone can do it but who wants to brag about it?"
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

there is a tune shop in the mall in my town that is more like a retailer for an internet store. just find a site with the parts you want and setup an account...

then order stuff for people
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

and try to get a wholesale license so you can get them cheaper for yourself and make a profit without ripping people off. and the easiest way to get a lot of customers is to beat the competetors prices. like say a CAI for a honduh would go for like $150 on the market. you and everyone else with a license can get them for like $75. just sell them for like $120 then you'll have more people buying from you meaning more profit.

i'm gonna be doing that with paint jobs once i'm done with my classes. people around here charge like $1000 for a paint job and thats not including door jams or engine bay. it would only cost me maybe like $300 for the materials i need so i'm gonna charge people like maybe $600. it just all depends on the body work needed. the $1000 for everyone else is without any body work being done at all so people are getting ripped off. but then again i won't have anyone working for me either that i need to pay.

nick

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
bluesheepbrian
Expert

Post by bluesheepbrian »

Was wondering if I will have to buy all my stock from the dealers? How do I acquire stock to fill my shelves?
2002 Daewoo Lanos HB
www.evo-imports.com
www.myspace.com/bluesheepbrian
"Beating a Honda is like banging a fat chick. Everyone can do it but who wants to brag about it?"
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

the way the shop in the mall worked was they had a limited supply in the store (it was pretty small) but had all sorts of stuff for order...

instock...

tachs, lights, neons, wings, seats, shift knobs, radiator caps, emblems, vinyls, etc...

i'd say for 10,000 dollars, you could get enoughs tock to start up and make enough in the first month to cover the overhead...

it's a gamble, but lots of people preffer talking to someone when they buy a part instead of ordering from their computer. i like that better personally :D