how to get the deepest exhaust note on forenza?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

greentrep94

Post by greentrep94 »

yea, but thats about the few big ass sedans that have enough power and good handling for the price. and no offense, but if you have a forenza i'll walk all over you. and if you think you might catch up, you won't, you'll be scared when your car starts shaking at 90 while im cruising 120 feeling like 60. This isn't just opinionated brag, i told my g/f to take the forenza(5spd) and me in the intrepid, from a stop, owned forenza since it doesn't have nearly as much torque, only from about a 40 or 45 roll did the suki keep up for about 2 seconds and i pulled away before hitting 65. By 90 she was quite a few car lengths back.
I see there are still some people that don't expect a 3500lbs car to smoke 'em. But listen, I brag on the dodge forums about the intrepid so this is probably the only time I will on here. I'm here for the forenza, and while im not bashing it, both cars have their own advantages and disadvantages. Even though I can still beat qhite a few unexpecting cars out there, the car is even heavier now with the thousands put into for audio equipment. The forenza will me the sporty track car while the Treps' the cruising loud car.
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

as I recall all intrepids are 6 cylinders.
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

yeah... try it in a neon... then boast
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

The 3.3L V6 with 161 HP/181 TQ right?

That would give you 21.7 HP/LB, 19.3 TQ/LB

A Forenza 2.0 I4 with 126HP/131 TQ.

That would give you about (guessing 2700lbs) 21.4 HP/LB, 20.6 TQ/LB.

That isn't a terribly different, the Forenza shouldn't have lost as bad as you described unless (no offense) your girlfriend wasn't driving it right. Shaking at 90 MPH? Kinkyllama has taken his Forenza well past that with no problems and I have a Civic (1.7L) that has gotten to 120 effortlessly. Even my Lanos with 188,000 miles gets up past 100 MPH with no problem. I don't know if you have some serious mods done to your car, but the numbers don't really add up to the whooping you described. My friend has a 1996 Chrysler Concord which is basically the same car with the same engine as yours and even though I have never personally raced it with either of my cars against it, it isn't fast.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

BosnianLanos wrote: Kinkyllama has taken his Forenza well past that with no problems
Ive taken it over 130 w/ no problems besides feeling like it was going to take flight with a slight wind.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
greentrep94

Post by greentrep94 »

well, i guess i didn't mention the work done to it, and no, my g/f doesn't suck at doing her shifts, im proud of saying that i've taught her well. i should really say 3.8, it started as a 3.3 but i think it gave more torque than HP gains. Thats basicly the main thing, not including all the little things that each add a some more ponies(i'll keep some of those to myself :wink: ) I've been staring at some T3/T4s for it but i'll keep it NA since its already 11 years old and now I have the forenza to mess around with. Right now it likes to run a little rich, and without the cat im having some problems maintaining it (not to mention the HORRIBLE gas mileage which is the last thing I need to be spending on), so i'll be trading with my buddy for his 3.5 motor, sport-shift tranny and a new highflow cat so I can pass my inspection in august.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

greentrep94 wrote:yea, but thats about the few big ass sedans that have enough power and good handling for the price. and no offense, but if you have a forenza i'll walk all over you. and if you think you might catch up, you won't, you'll be scared when your car starts shaking at 90 while im cruising 120 feeling like 60. This isn't just opinionated brag, i told my g/f to take the forenza(5spd) and me in the intrepid, from a stop, owned forenza since it doesn't have nearly as much torque, only from about a 40 or 45 roll did the suki keep up for about 2 seconds and i pulled away before hitting 65. By 90 she was quite a few car lengths back.
I see there are still some people that don't expect a 3500lbs car to smoke 'em. But listen, I brag on the dodge forums about the intrepid so this is probably the only time I will on here. I'm here for the forenza, and while im not bashing it, both cars have their own advantages and disadvantages. Even though I can still beat qhite a few unexpecting cars out there, the car is even heavier now with the thousands put into for audio equipment. The forenza will me the sporty track car while the Treps' the cruising loud car.
Are you kidding me?? First of all, I have a Lanos. Second of all, my car does NOT shake at all, all the way up to 120mph (then it doesn't accelerate). I smoke my friends Intrepid everyday...

I don't know about modifying a family designed "mini-van" like car... it's like I saw a ford taurus a few days ago with a fart cannon muffler on. They're not designed for racing... they're all automatic transmissions family cars that are super heavy.
greentrep94

Post by greentrep94 »

did I, at any time, mention a Lanos?

First of all, that person with the fart cannon on his taurus(only the SHO was ever considered sporty, now they suck) should be shot in the knees. Unlike that jackass, I have better taste and went with a Dynomax Ultra Flo Welded custom exhaust, not to be confused with "DNX" the ricer version of Dynomax. So I agree with you on that, taurus+fartcannon=deushbag
Maybe you should read the entire post before comenting. I never said anything about the Intrepid being a racecar, even though if you come to where i live you'd be in for a rude awakening with the 12.29 sec 1/4 mile turboed intrepid (not mine).
Your "friend" probably has a stock-ass Intrepid and only races because he's got V6 and wasn't able to get a different car.
If anyone around here has gone to the Mopar weekend at Carlisle and seen some of the Intrepids can back me up on everything I've said.
Listen if you don't like big cars, good for you, to each his own. I like big, comfortable cars thats are still sporty and can haul my firends and all their stuff and still have subwoofers in my trunk with leftover space.
"mini-van" like car....thats makes no sense at all.
Please, Im not bashing any of you, but have more respect for yourselfs and don't be like those people that when they actually get beat by a "mini-van" like car (ha!) they start sayin it must have been running with 28 pounds of boost and a 100shot of nitrous.
Oh, and to anyone who likes the new charger, remember to thank the "minivan"-like car named Intrepid for giving Dodge the idead of another sporty family sedan.

Anyway, to anyone else who is just now reading this post, basicly you missed out on a derailment of a nice topic turning into people who were not even referred to comenting, showing their need for further ego inflation. So, im pretty sure the administrators would agree with me and just DROP IT!
Now we return to your originally posted exhaust thread.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

...Ractive
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
greentrep94

Post by greentrep94 »

anyone know what can cause that raspy sound in some of these "fart cannon" exhausts. I'm just looking out before I make my desicion for the forenza.
Could it be the lack of a High flow resonator or is it the cheap mufflers that usually make that sound.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

...it posted twice
Last edited by kinkyllama on Wed May 25, 2005 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

greentrep94 wrote:anyone know what can cause that raspy sound in some of these "fart cannon" exhausts. I'm just looking out before I make my desicion for the forenza.
Could it be the lack of a High flow resonator or is it the cheap mufflers that usually make that sound.

When i had my ractive muffler on (with stock piping, no resonator) it wasnt really raspy but its was a little bit. It sounded very very deep and i got alot of comments from random people that i didnt expect. Like a preppy girl(rich/spoiled type) .. and a truck guy
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

dont waste your time on fart cans, they look like youre trying too hard. I have a lukey muffler and it gives a deep sound

just as a foot note, has anyone ever noticed that that slow cars that want to look fast have cannons, but fast cars that are fast dont?
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Fart cans are a joke, people cut off their stock mufflers and weld on the fart cans which really don't do anything or have any sound cancelling properties. It does nothing for performance and even if it does, the stupid sound isn't worth it. Someone would be better off cutting their stock muffler and just leaving the system like that, it would sound better.

Some high end companies (Borla, Ractive, etc.) use the "Fart Can" like housing but with actual engineered bits inside that make them good for performance and sound.

A full cat-back exhaust system done at a respectable shop plus a nice high end muffler will add the most performance and give you the deepest sound.
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

BosnianLanos wrote:Fart cans are a joke, people cut off their stock mufflers and weld on the fart cans which really don't do anything or have any sound cancelling properties. It does nothing for performance and even if it does, the stupid sound isn't worth it. Someone would be better off cutting their stock muffler and just leaving the system like that, it would sound better.

Some high end companies (Borla, Ractive, etc.) use the "Fart Can" like housing but with actual engineered bits inside that make them good for performance and sound.

A full cat-back exhaust system done at a respectable shop plus a nice high end muffler will add the most performance and give you the deepest sound.
if you wanted a deep sound before you bought a car, you wouldnt get a 4cyl. You may just have to make do with whats available at the time
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."