yet another engine swap topic...

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

anesTHEtic34

yet another engine swap topic...

Post by anesTHEtic34 »

anybody tried putting the leganza motor in a lanos? will it fit? what complications are there?
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

I dont think that that engine fit in the lanos. But maybe im wrong.... :arrow:
ImageImage
anesTHEtic34

Post by anesTHEtic34 »

i figured it would be worth looking into. i know people who have done the nubria swap and everything bolts up fine. nobody knows anything about a leggy swap though.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

you know people with 2.0 lanos? where are they? tell them to join us! we need people like that here...

i dont think the mounts are way diferent from the nubira 2.0... but this can be no problem... the base mounts on the lanos engine bay can be modified to fit the 2.2 mounts...

how do u think the big 2.2 dohc vtec is fitted on a civic? by moving the mounts...

unforntunally this is a pain for someone how havent done this before...
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
anesTHEtic34

Post by anesTHEtic34 »

oh, i'm passing the word on. don't worry about that.

i know of one guy down in Miami who's done the 2.0 swap out and i remember reading about a guy out west who's done one. i've never seen these cars in person, but hopefully i'll be driving a swapped lanos in the near future. my lanos is a daily driver though, and my girlfriend only has the patience to let me drive her car for so long, so i want to plan out everything about the swap before i take a single bolt off. this creates a problem being that there is very little info available about these cars. nobody swaps a 'woo. hopefully, we can start a trend and make the info readily available for others and find the best ways to go about this. i don't know about where you guys are, but it seems that in Florida, just about everybody who drives a "tricked out" daewoo never really does any more than add a CAI or throw a fart can on the back of their ride. i know my Lanos isn't gonna be the fastest thing on the road, but i'd be happy keeping up with the rice-tards around here in a car nobody else is driving.

anyway i'm gonna get off my soapbox now.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

anesTHEtic34 wrote:oh, i'm passing the word on. don't worry about that.

i know of one guy down in Miami who's done the 2.0 swap out and i remember reading about a guy out west who's done one. i've never seen these cars in person, but hopefully i'll be driving a swapped lanos in the near future. my lanos is a daily driver though, and my girlfriend only has the patience to let me drive her car for so long, so i want to plan out everything about the swap before i take a single bolt off. this creates a problem being that there is very little info available about these cars. nobody swaps a 'woo. hopefully, we can start a trend and make the info readily available for others and find the best ways to go about this. i don't know about where you guys are, but it seems that in Florida, just about everybody who drives a "tricked out" daewoo never really does any more than add a CAI or throw a fart can on the back of their ride. i know my Lanos isn't gonna be the fastest thing on the road, but i'd be happy keeping up with the rice-tards around here in a car nobody else is driving.

anyway i'm gonna get off my soapbox now.
Yeah I know the guy that did the 2.0 swap in his lanos and it wasn't just a bolt on. It cost him around $4K USD to do the swap. However on a brighter note he's running 14s in the 1/4 with a 75 shot of nitrous.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

ohh that has to be Jason of the yahoo groups...

low 14s? high 14s?

daewooluvr do u have his email? tell him to join us...
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

maniac16v wrote:ohh that has to be Jason of the yahoo groups...

low 14s? high 14s?

daewooluvr do u have his email? tell him to join us...
I used to, I can see if I have it in my address book, however he is rarely online.

GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

I dont believe he had to pay so much to get it installed. Unless he did a 2.2 US Ecoted swap, which has nothing in common with the euro-spec ecotec. Leganza's 2.2 is a bored out 2.0, the block stays the same. Nubira engine bolts directly into any Lanos. Lanos' chasis is in 95% identical with the one of Kadett/Astra Mk2, which had 2.0 16V installed. The block of those engines is identical to the one on GM 2.0 OHC used in Sunbirds. Even Pontiac Optima GSI/ Lemans GSE had 2.0 engine 8V. This is why Erfinder has no problems droping the sunbird GT engine.

Some pics to explain. Note the gearbox which is the (casing F16 vs F20 internals) as the one find in Lanos.

The C20XE used in the Opel/Vauxhall variants

Nubira Engine

And the all-mighty C20LET

Post by anesTHEtic34 »

now THAT was helpful. i'm getting a lot of ideas. now i just need the financal means to make them happen.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

GsiTurbo wrote:I dont believe he had to pay so much to get it installed. Unless he did a 2.2 US Ecoted swap, which has nothing in common with the euro-spec ecotec. Leganza's 2.2 is a bored out 2.0, the block stays the same. Nubira engine bolts directly into any Lanos. Lanos' chasis is in 95% identical with the one of Kadett/Astra Mk2, which had 2.0 16V installed. The block of those engines is identical to the one on GM 2.0 OHC used in Sunbirds. Even Pontiac Optima GSI/ Lemans GSE had 2.0 engine 8V. This is why Erfinder has no problems droping the sunbird GT engine.

Some pics to explain. Note the gearbox which is the (casing F16 vs F20 internals) as the one find in Lanos.

The C20XE used in the Opel/Vauxhall variants
Sorry to correct you but the Nubira engine definately has different motor mounts and is in fact a different engine block than the 2.0L found in the sunbird.

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Are you sure about that???

The C20SED (Nubria) should be the same block at the C20E (Sunbird) and C20LET (Astra Turbo) and the C20XE (Astra)

The mounts look different but the bolt pattern on the block is the same.

As such you don't use the Sunbird mounts, you pull them off a LeMans or Optima which had the Naturally Aspirated 2.0L 8V.

As well you don't use the rear engine mount on the C20E (just the front like the Astra)

The F16 is on both the Lanos and the LeMans/Optima and since the LeMans/Optima had the C20E without the turbo the tranny mount pattern is the same.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Ok....

i've seen an engine BASE mount diference between the nubi 2.0 and the c20xe/c20e

c20xe/c20E LEFT base mount

2.0 nubi LEFT base mount

if you lanos owners can have access to this BASE mount you should be able to fit the 2.0 nubi with no problems...

this mount can be found on the 2.0 OHC NA or turbo versions of the sunbird... for an example look at you lanos 16v or 8v left base mount this one is an smaller version of the 20xe base mount
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

I stand corrected :lol: :P

Post by mocpac »

Well as I know the nubi//leganza engine is the same as the rodeo and another gm/opel engine. But is not like the lanos.
ImageImage