how to get the deepest exhaust note on forenza?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

greentrep94

how to get the deepest exhaust note on forenza?

Post by greentrep94 »

just today i saw the same exact forenza with a fart cannon muffler on and i can't say i liked it. It didn't sound as deep as some of the honda's i've heard. By doing 2.25 piping cat-back with no resonators, is there any kind of muffler which would create a deeper exhaust note. Would those twin tip mufflers be deeper than the single ones? Or would it be better to run the muffler about halfway under the car and just run the rest of the pipe from there with just a tip in the back.
AcingTeam
Expert

Re: how to get the deepest exhaust note on forenza?

Post by AcingTeam »

greentrep94 wrote:just today i saw the same exact forenza with a fart cannon muffler on and i can't say i liked it. It didn't sound as deep as some of the honda's i've heard. By doing 2.25 piping cat-back with no resonators, is there any kind of muffler which would create a deeper exhaust note. Would those twin tip mufflers be deeper than the single ones? Or would it be better to run the muffler about halfway under the car and just run the rest of the pipe from there with just a tip in the back.
No, putting the muffler all the way at the end would be deeper. Also, I recommend Ractive muffler, they are SOOO deep.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

ractives are deep... thats what i had on my forenza.. but if you go bigger pipping im not sure what will happen. When i had that muffler on i had stock pipes
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
greentrep94

Post by greentrep94 »

kinkyllama wrote:ractives are deep... thats what i had on my forenza.. but if you go bigger pipping im not sure what will happen. When i had that muffler on i had stock pipes
stock resonators too?
On the Intrepid I had to remove the resonator because it was real quiet even with the aftermarket muffler.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

greentrep94 wrote:
kinkyllama wrote:ractives are deep... thats what i had on my forenza.. but if you go bigger pipping im not sure what will happen. When i had that muffler on i had stock pipes
stock resonators too?
On the Intrepid I had to remove the resonator because it was real quiet even with the aftermarket muffler.
Oh my bad.. i replaced the resonator with a straight pipe and then just welded the ractive muffler on.... very very deep. Somewhat loud but not in anyway in a bad way. It would be loud of the freeway and downshifting but people usualy just commented on how good it sounded for a 4cyl
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

Magnaflow exhaust gives the best tone. They also make resonators that have almost 0 resistence.
Stay in control with Hankook's weather...or not technology.
greentrep94

Post by greentrep94 »

what kind from both brands do you guys have. Both Ractive and magnaflow have a bunch of different kinds.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

greentrep94 wrote:what kind from both brands do you guys have. Both Ractive and magnaflow have a bunch of different kinds.
I used to have an MT-610 and now I have MT-620, both deep and awesome sounds.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I had the ractive MT641
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Magnaflow makes "Sport Compact" mufflers/resonators that are specifically designed to be run on our small engine small exhaust diameter systems. They also market it as having "that signature Magnaflow sound" which probabally means that they give a really deep low rumble. Best part is they only cost $80 (So I've heard) and you can do a "stealth" system because no one can see the exhaust tip.
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

Megan Racing has Universal Mufflers that are REALLY BASSY!
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
greentrep94

Post by greentrep94 »

KnightWalace wrote:Megan Racing has Universal Mufflers that are REALLY BASSY!
do you or anyone else have one of those universal megan racing mufflers? They cost a little bit more than most ( cePT FOR THOSE HKS ones and a few others, damn) but if they really sound as good as they say i'll try it. I liked the M-Spec II Muffler.
http://www.meganracing.com/products/pro ... prodid=300
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

Thats the one i'll be putting on my lancer come towards the end of summer, my friend has one on his 2.0l 4g94 lancer it makes it sound like a big liter V6, and i had a few vids from other ralliart owners with them.
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
greentrep94

Post by greentrep94 »

damn, so if I put that muffler in my 3.3 V6 Intrepid instead of the forenza its should sound pretty damn good.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

greentrep94 wrote:damn, so if I put that muffler in my 3.3 V6 Intrepid instead of the forenza its should sound pretty damn good.
lol no offense... but Intrepid? My friend has one and it's slow as hell, not to mention that it's HUGE and is a family sedan.
They don't even come with Manual transmissions. And weigh about 3500lbs :shock: