Pathetic people making fun of a Daewoo

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Have you ever seen a touring car championship? All the cars, RWD or FWD have a big f*cking wing, and sometimes they spend quite a bit of money to develop the right one. They do gain downforce and the drag isn't deadly if they use them to race. They wouldn't spend the money developing it if "Were not talking huge gains here guy". But IDK, I guess you can go express your infinite wisdom to the hundreds of teams that use them, maybe one will listen to you, but I'm gonna bet not.

Granted, they don't help in drag racing, you will look like a retard on the streets, and no, you will never see a wing of any type on my car, unlike the "minute rice" Mitsubishis that come with them stock.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Fightrice2 wrote:
omfg.

Wings do add downforce eh? Why yes they do, in highspeed test's. Sad thing is, many people who add them do not even race in circuit racing. They just add the spoiler because it is a styling measure for their car. On top of that, that big spoiler on many cars add's drag. Were not talking huge gains here guy. It does very little, if anything to help. Also, it will kill your straight speed due to the extra drag slowing you down. All about the perfect balance. And going to a Local pepboys, seeing the hawt APC wing for $40 and slapping it on your car, will do little to help.

Also, to add about exhaust systems. Dont care, if you get a whole system thats great! But many "ricer's" put on a muffler and it sounds horrific! Thats what I hate, just plain muffler installation, because it looks hawt yo!
Actually just slapping a wing on there has been proven to help in some cases. I know a guy that reached 122mph every lap at this one track, he just slapped a cheap REALLY high wing on it and reached 126mph on every lap. If he were to really get into it and figure out what the best setup is, he could gain alot of speed. 1mph extra is enough to win a race.

Just plain mufflers do add performance too, maybe not all cars but on my car the exhaust system was VERY restrictive and a muffler ( and removing the resonator) did do alot
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

This has gotten WAY off topic.
The people, who the topic call pathetic, were quite right in making fun of the Daewoo they saw.

The majority of the FightRice forum is pretty much right on top of things when poinging out crappy rice cars.

I would make fun of that Leganza, too, and I own one. It was quite silly looking and in over done bad taste.
There is only ONE Daewoo on that whole forum! The majority are Honduhs.

Just because one crappy looking Woo made it on their forum shows that even Woo owners can have bad taste! LOL

To the people from on this forum & the FightRice forum: Please, stop the bashing. Hold your tongue if you don't like what has been said. Just realise that not everyone has the same opinions and thats what makes everyone individuals. Yes, crap as been said to each by both sides, but that is to be expected when people have conflicting ideas. We are all sharing the same internet (unless you are paying for AOL service! LOL) and we all like nice looking cars.

C'mon guys ... don't make people think that everyone in the Daewoo community is a bunch of dumbasses that aruge for the sake of arguing. FightRice guys ... relax. :)

Cliff
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote: The majority of the FightRice forum is pretty much right on top of things when poinging out crappy rice cars.
So you're calling my car rice?
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote: There is only ONE Daewoo on that whole forum! The majority are Honduhs.
You're forgeting about my car that luckly made it there.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Fightrice2 wrote: omfg.

Wings do add downforce eh? Why yes they do, in highspeed test's. Sad thing is, many people who add them do not even race in circuit racing. They just add the spoiler because it is a styling measure for their car. On top of that, that big spoiler on many cars add's drag. Were not talking huge gains here guy. It does very little, if anything to help. Also, it will kill your straight speed due to the extra drag slowing you down. All about the perfect balance. And going to a Local pepboys, seeing the hawt APC wing for $40 and slapping it on your car, will do little to help.

Also, to add about exhaust systems. Dont care, if you get a whole system thats great! But many "ricer's" put on a muffler and it sounds horrific! Thats what I hate, just plain muffler installation, because it looks hawt yo!
actaully a well designed wing will help provide some stability control in high speed situations. I plan to eventually get a nice subtle one in the future.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

can we just stop this post all-together? i'm getting tired of coming to the forum and seeing a new message only to find that it's this mess. i understand why some of you are mad at those guys, but give it a rest. i seriously don't think anyone looks very intelligent by spouting off a bunch of pop-shots at someone else. fr.com is a forum just like this one. they are entitled to their opinions as much as we are... regardless of how mis-informed they, or us, may be. i find it ironic that almost every site i go to that pokes fun at ricers mentions the little tid-bit that ricers are defined as a certain personality attched to a car. making a car look good is cool. making it perform good is cool. trying to do either one half-assed and then acting all kinds of awesome... is rice... and just plain stupid. cars are not ricey... people are. fr.com is just one example of people who have formed some non-mainsteam idea of rice and blatantly attach the label to cars. so... i say everyone just drop it. i want to know about daewoo... not why that honda sucks. please... for the love of all that is holy... drop this crap and get back to your woo.

-AR
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

AcingTeam wrote:
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote: The majority of the FightRice forum is pretty much right on top of things when poinging out crappy rice cars.
So you're calling my car rice?
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote: There is only ONE Daewoo on that whole forum! The majority are Honduhs.
You're forgeting about my car that luckly made it there.
Majority = not all of it. And no, I'm not.
You don't have big Japanese letters scrawled across the body, lots of stickers, a gigantic 3 step aluminum wing on the roof and stock wheels with the center cap taken off and the wheels painted black to try to make it look like they are after market wheels. There are a LOT of cars done in very poor taste on that web site; your car is not one that should be on there.

---

All this thread is doing is getting people upset.
Mopar

Re: SO

Post by Mopar »

Fightrice2 wrote:
python235 wrote:so whats wrong with VWz
i like GOLF GTI more than any mitsushit!!
If you want to know how the GTI compares to a Mitsubishi. Let's do it this way.
Turbo v Turbo
Eclipse GSX/GST v Golf GTI.

Mitsubishi wins every category
Firstly lets get to the power. We all want power dont we? Eclipse wins this one hands down with 211hp. Compared to a 2005 GTI's 180hp.

0-60 Eclipse wins with a 6.4 compared to a GTI slightly slower 6.5 seconds. Not to mention the Eclipse was a couple hundred pounds heavier.

How about 1/4 mile time? Some people enjoy drag racing. Eclipse once again beats the GTI with a 15.2 while the GTI had a 15.4.

Now the skidpad, heres what I enjoy, it basiaclly means who has the better handling car. Higher G force rating better. Now despite being lighter, shorter, and almost dead equal id width. The GTI still lost! The Eclipse brought up a .86g on the skidpad while the GTI had .82.

So why is it called Mitsubishit. Even though it outperformed the GTI, which you claim is better then any mitsubishi. :roll:

Just stating the truth here.

Edit: Also forgot to add, the Mitsu is 10 years older then the car I compared it too.

You know, if you are going to compare mitsu to Golf gti, why not compare it to the car that was made to specifically take it down. That being the Omni Glh-s
:D

Guess what?
Mopar

Post by Mopar »

norman wrote:moin,

btw: some of them have very nice avatars or signatures:
I missed her beautiful.......bouncing..........um....eyes
and so on :lol:

tschau norman

:evil:

You leave her out of this.

:lol:

Guess what?
Mopar

Re: by the way!

Post by Mopar »

python235 wrote:by the way
can u tell me whats the point of telling me that GM is losing money
DOSNT MATTER !
it proves nothing ! GM engines are Powerfull as hell
and many too
so personly i dont give a shit if they aint good money people.
AND TRY DRIVING A GM CAR BEFORE TAKIN SHIT cause you dont know what ur missing

you are just as bad as the Honda humpers out there.

GM engines aren't all that big of a deal,many people own GM products in my family, and I think every single one is sluggish.

they have a few good motors,but much of their stuff is absolute shit.

Every car company has their faults, and everyone likes to bring them up.

big deal, move on

Guess what?
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

@ Mopar: Stop talking to yourself, can't you see this thread is dead?
Fightrice2

Post by Fightrice2 »

AcingTeam wrote:@ Mopar: Stop talking to yourself, can't you see this thread is dead?
You just dont like your car getting publicity. Some people like it, some people dont.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Audacityracing wrote:can we just stop this post all-together?
You can choose to ignore this post but I won't shut it down.

Two words..... Free Speech

You might not like what they have to say but it doesn't mean that you have to read or respond to it.

I personally don't care what ANYONE has to say about my vehicle.... the only opinion that counts is my own..... well..... ok.... perhaps my wife might have a little say in it but I think that's just so that she will continue to put up with me :roll:

As far as I'm concerned the fightrice guys haven't done anything bad.... everyone is entitled to their opinion.

So again..... if you don't like the subject then don't respond to it.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Totally agree with Erfinder
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

+2.
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.