has anyone painted the outsides of the headlight

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

yea17s

has anyone painted the outsides of the headlight

Post by yea17s »

i no u paint the inside but what aboutr the outside, it would look heaps good i rekon but wat are the drawbacks(lighting ability) also to anyone who has changed the rear speakers, which cable is positive, any input would be great
car is coming along ever so slowly, gotta stop getting my funds of the government
CHNDROSE
Junior

Post by CHNDROSE »

I imagine that dust, grime, and the weather would eat away at the paint if you were to be applied to the outside. So it might look good at first but then would start to look pretty bad after a bit. However, I am not an expert in the matter so take my input for what it is worth.

Rose
Light without shadow is blindness.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i concur Rose... the elements will eat up your paint so it will look bad and eventually you will have to redo the job every once in a while.

also painting the inside looks much more professional but thats just my 2 cents... as for lighting ability... if you don't paint a any parts in the path of the light beam you will not affect your illumination power in any way.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
www.forenzamotorsports.co

Post by www.forenzamotorsports.co »

If it is done by a pro it will work. You simply have circles cut out as large as you can to make you happy. They need to be made out of tough vinyl from a vinyl graphics shop. When the circles are in place begin scuffing the headlight (a shop will know the grit) then apply base. Remove stickers & light scuff the circles then shoot clear over it all. It will hold up as well as anything. Done it years ago on a Civic.
I LOVED :) THE CAR THAT YOU LOVE..FORENZA!
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

or you could just buy headlight covers...
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

has anyone put headlight film on the inside of their lights? if you look on ebay you can find all different colors of film (similar to window tint)... if you already had silverstars of hid for that matter, i would think that the blue film would look really good (it would match the blue lens of my fog lights). any input?
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

colored headlights are pretty much thought of as ricey now.
Also I'd much rather a nice bright white light to help me see than have everything a shade of blue, green, or whatever.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
money

Post by money »

Prolly illegal for some rhyme or reason anyway - don't know why it would be but who knows.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

to be quite honest... i'm not afraid to be ricey

you have to understand where i live... the premier tuner shop of the east coast is 10 minutes from my house (ride revolution)... they sponsor nopi to come through every year, so rice isn't a bad thing here. besides, rice is a mentality, not a car
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

down here we have a similar discription to what you call "rice"... we simply call the riced up car a taxi simply because taxi drivers here tend to put loads of stuff that looks ugly as hell

some people put blue neon in the cabin and on the dash with the light reflecting on their faces that they look as if they are alians driving a space ship.

some other put three side mirrors at each side, others put rear view mirrors on the dash, others put lamps in the wheel well.

if you wanna see pathetic rice, come see our taxies.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267