few questions about my grill and strut bars.

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mattman702
Junior

few questions about my grill and strut bars.

Post by mattman702 »

does anyone know how to make a leganza mesh grill? because these instructions http://www.daewoo.streetracing.org/GrillWork.htm look like there for a lanos or a nubria! i have a 1999 leggy and i would like to make it mesh grill i already have the mesh !
1 more question ! A eclipse strut bar will fit on my leggy? and for the rear strut bar where do you mount it?
thanks guys!
KeNiCHi

Post by KeNiCHi »

it has to be similar. Just remove from car, cut, mount new and put back in car
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

I make mine w\o cutting the stock plastic grill, I have a nubira 99 my grill is smeller (I think), but here, some members of the club w\ lanos don't cut they grills neader.
ImageImage
mattman702
Junior

Post by mattman702 »

my grill is diffrent ! its only 1 peice! and i was wondering if anyone knew how to do a leganza grill or where i could get 1?
thanks guys!
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Is "the same" just egger thwan mine. Cut a mesh grill w the for of you stock grill. Ise some screws to fit it in the crome part. And some wraps to keep it in the hood. Voala.... :!:
ImageImage
rwc4eva

Post by rwc4eva »

IT'S NOT THE SAME!!!!! i did it with my 01 leganza and it's a pain in the f'n a$$ the leganza is just one piece so you have to cut everything out of it and sand it real good.....BUTwhen you cut everything out it will leave smal strips around the inside and it looks really bad so you need to use some kind of compound or something to smooth it out, thats what i did with mine, then i took the mesh and drilled holes and screwed the mesh to the grill....then ended up taking it back off and repainting the grill chrome,it looks ok now but trust me it's a pain in the a, the lanos and nubira have a plastic piece or something that just pops off and makes theirs alot easier if i had a digital cam i would post some pics but i don't
Fa Sho
mattman702
Junior

Post by mattman702 »

i went and bought the mesh the other day and borrowed a hand saw from my friend then i took my grill of and saw that it wasnt 2 pecies! so should i even bother trying make my own? i would like to see how youres turnd out!!!!
thanks!
rwc4eva

Post by rwc4eva »

if you really want it done go ahead and do it but just know it's gonna take some work, mine looks hot in pictures and stuff and other people tell me it looks good when they see my car and all but to me i just don't like it, it wasn't what i pictured it to be but it's not horrible or anything i just like stuff to be perfect,especially since everything else on my car is exactly how i wanted it except for the grille
Fa Sho