Pathetic people making fun of a Daewoo

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Fightrice2

Post by Fightrice2 »

daewooluvr wrote:
Fightrice2 wrote:
daewooluvr wrote: hmmm Altezzas... I thought that was against the Fight Rice Rules?
Altezza's (how I see them) = chrome/silver ugly,

If they match the car good for you! I think my black TYC's match my car perfectly. If they were silver/chrome like what so many people just slap on because they were cheap, then you could kill me.
ohhhh ok, so what you're saying is it's ok for you to have them...

just as long as we know there's double standards to begin with them we're all good.

So anything you don't like is rice, unless you have it. And your opinion should be the deciding factor in what is rice and what isn't?
:roll: Double standards? No, not at all. I told you what I classify tailights as "altezza's" chrome/silver backing (like what you see on the original IS300/Altezza then everyone followed that). If you want to be bland and say "all tailights accessories are altezza's" Then fine, I have altezza's on my car.

My classification as rice is = you think your car is pimp, and you think you are tough shit. When your in your Del slow. Acting like you can beat the world. Its about the persons mentality, thats what comes into mind.

When one takes off his center hubcover, to reveal his lugs to have people believe he has aftermarket rims. Thats "rice" In my opinion.
Fightrice2

Post by Fightrice2 »

richardmatalon wrote:Hey forget what ever these idiots say, they have fun, forget it all, I know for a fact, their little mitsubishits are worthless. I used to drive a turbocharged toyota corolla in Jamaica and used to kill Evoloutions down there, and they are much better than the crap they jsut started inporting into the u.s.
Imma have to say BS on this one, unless you were boosting more then 15psi in your corolla. Thats ofcourse in a 4AGE-T,

And there is no difference between the Japanese Evolution to the North American Evolution, besides theirs comes with ACD and ours did not. And Jamaica's evo would be the exact same as U.S Evo because its all apart of MMNA. Other then that Evolutions are almost exact replica's.

richardmatalon wrote: So u know what, u can take ur nice pretty eclipse, but I hope when somone who bought their car for what 5 grand, which has less miles on it , and probably rides better anyways, flys by you, I hope it is a daewoo. Now , jus tkill the thread, it is a waste of time.
We will see when I order my T3/TO4E turbo kit, boosting 13.5 psi with 308whp. :roll: Thats in the future though. I know the eclipse is slow stock, but the engine is an engineering masterpeice. I dont know much about Daewoo's I only know they are not sold in US anymore for obvious reasons. :roll:
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

the obvious reason being that the ceo of daewoo north america took off with a huge portion of the companies money and disappeared. That is a good reason why they aren't sold over here anymore. Over in Europe and Asia these cars are soooo popular that I am curious as to why, I love the way my lanos handles stock! It sticks to the road like rice on a pot.(yes pun intended) I only paid 6k for my car when it was 7 months old and had 16k miles on it, and I have loved this little car ever since I had it, and my friend who has an eclipse said he like the way my car handled over his(late 90s eclipse) Maybe thats why daewoo won a whole bunch of rally tournies all over the world and then comming in second and third in a whole lot more.
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

fightrice2,

this is about the whole altezza thing. on acingteam's car they're not altezza's per say, they're custom made taillights. altezza's to me are after market products. sure in this case it is almost the same type of look but hell its the difference between aftermarket supplied and hand made. you guys with the 3rd gen eclipses have after market galore on support there. what we do here is give people good support and help on what we can for our Woo's. in this forum most people bought this car to be unique and not have honduh's. let me give examples on your guy's eclipse rice or not.
1. bodykit for the eclipse are a dime a dozen.
hell there used to be like 6 bodykits for just the Daewoo Lanos now there is actually only one still manufactured (orciari)
2. performance parts in general for ya'll is like closing your eyes and pointing to see which one you want next.
for us its like pissing in the wind with a hard on its not happening. and i mean bolt on parts specifically for our cars, not custom or adapted parts.

basically ya'll have it A LOT easier than us but hell we chose this route b/c when it comes down to shows or even street races the minute someone sees a Daewoo with a turbo or nice stuff on it at shows next to an eclipse with all the after market things you can think of they'll be like " damn thats a nice eclipse but then turn around and go WTF?! thats a Daewoo with all that?!" or something along those lines.

thats my two cents.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

The reason why I got so ticked off, is because YOU started calling my car rice on your forum AND on my cardomain page (3 different replies in my guestbook). Completely trashed... and you're saying that I was bashing you???
As far as I'm concerned my car isn't rice. And what is up with calling me a homo right from the start? huh? What are you guys 5 years old? No maturity level what so ever.

As the taillights go, I made them out of stock ones and didn't just buy them on ebay for 50 bucks. I like them better than my stock ones.

The way you came on the whole daewoo community... I just don't get it.

And yes every forum that doesn't contain usefull information is useless (perhaps entertaining, but useless).

Also, yes the sig is photoshopped.
FightRice

Post by FightRice »

AcingTeam wrote:The reason why I got so ticked off, is because YOU started calling my car rice on your forum AND on my cardomain page (3 different replies in my guestbook). Completely trashed... and you're saying that I was bashing you???
As far as I'm concerned my car isn't rice. And what is up with calling me a homo right from the start? huh? What are you guys 5 years old? No maturity level what so ever.

As the taillights go, I made them out of stock ones and didn't just buy them on ebay for 50 bucks. I like them better than my stock ones.

The way you came on the whole daewoo community... I just don't get it.

And yes every forum that doesn't contain usefull information is useless (perhaps entertaining, but useless).

Also, yes the sig is photoshopped.
You do realize that you started this whole thing right? Your attitude makes you a ricer not just your ride so you know.
These guys on this forum are so pathetic... they have nothing better do to then to make fun of other cars. Some cars on their site look really clean and nice, but no they are just retards. I hate people like that that know nothing about cars and just sit and debate which car is ricier...

Here's the link where they make fun of a Leganza:
http://www.fightrice.com/showthread.php ... ght=daewoo

What a bunch of losers... half the time they can't even spell right.
Telling us we know nothing about cars without once ever speaking to a single member is pure ignorance on your part. I can gaurntee you we have members that knew more about vehicles when they were 4 then you do know.

As for the spelling errors? Does it really matter, serisously did you find it that offensive you had to include that in your post too? Were you expecting your "daewoo community" to back you up and come to the rescue of the daewoo in that picture? From the looks of it, most the members here agree with us that that car needs some help.

No one was ever on your carDomain page until you bashed us in your first post, no one said anything about your "ricer" daewoo until after you bashed our site.

You should realize we have no maturity remember, we run a site that makes fun of other peoples cars, did you expect much less? really did you?

And not a single person from FR.com came onto the whole daewoo community, We found one car, made fun of it. In no way did we ever say daewoo's were shit or anything else, we might have bashed on your car as well because its quite frankly pretty damn ugly...Thats just my opionon though and if you can't handle critique then maybe you are the one that needs to grow up some :roll:

And as far as our forums being "useless" they do contain more informationa dn entertainment vaule then your AcingTeam forums ;) which would also be "useless"

But i'm not here to have a pissing contest with someone who couldn't even hack it as a "ricer". Like its been said before, no one makes you come to our site, so you've been there once, realized you don't like it, so why not just say, eh whatever and keep on trucking down the information highway to the next site?
Last edited by FightRice on Fri May 06, 2005 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
python235
Junior

Mitsubishi VS Daewoo

Post by python235 »

MAN, you dont know shit about daewoo's
You think Mitsubishi can out take any GM engine (YOUR CRAZY)
daewoo as said was made for economy SO it can turn into a great power car WHY!
Because, Light weight DOSNT NEED REDUCTION, Engine made efficient so maping the ecu and gettin rid of the econmy parts makes all the efficincy go into horsepower thats just having fun and making the car Fast
You can make it EXTREMLY FAST taking about serious racers, all you do is pull out IT GM ENGINE and PUT IN a racng GM engine WITH A DAMN LARGE RANGE (UNLIKE MITSUBISHi),this makes the light weight car with a big ass engine DRAGS LIKE HELL, PARTS ARE EVERYWHERE (GM BABY RULES)

Lets take a small example A 1994 Daewoo Racer GTI upgraded its stock 1.6 DOHC engine with filters exhuasts and anything BUT NO ENGNE SWAP OR TURBO
Draged a Mitsubish with 1.8 engine swap and LOTS OF ENGINE MODS !!
GUESS WHAT A 1.8 couldnt take a 1.5 down

and when comparing a car to a lanos HB compare it with the COLT which is the same level and simply COLT IS GARBAGE

Comparing a Lancer with a daewoo racer is out the question since it cant even catch up!
So u mitsubish fans go crawl back into ur holes and look for big engines to take us down AND GOOD LUCK!!
VX
FightRice

Re: Mitsubishi VS Daewoo

Post by FightRice »

python235 wrote:MAN, you dont know shit about daewoo's
Because, Light weight DOSNT NEED REDUCTION, Engine made efficient so maping the ecu and gettin rid of the econmy parts makes all the efficincy go into horsepower thats just having fun and making the car Fast
You can make it EXTREMLY FAST taking about serious racers, all you do is pull out IT GM ENGINE and PUT IN a racng GM engine WITH A DAMN LARGE RANGE (UNLIKE MITSUBISHi),this makes the light weight car with a big ass engine DRAGS LIKE HELL, PARTS ARE EVERYWHERE (GM BABY RULES)

Lets take a small example A 1994 Daewoo Racer GTI upgraded its stock 1.6 DOHC engine with filters exhuasts and anything BUT NO ENGNE SWAP OR TURBO

and when comparing a car to a lanos HB compare it with the COLT which is the same level and simply COLT IS GARBAGE

Comparing a Lancer with a daewoo racer is out the question since it cant even catch up!
So u mitsubish fans go crawl back into ur holes and look for big engines to take us down AND GOOD LUCK!!
No one says anywhere mistu's were the best, As a matter of fact i'm pretty sure if you could read or comprehend anything you'd notice that we admit that mistubishi's are slow cars 90% of the time.

So you want me to comparea a Lanos HB to a Colt which is the same level as a Lanos HB but the colt is Garbage? What does that make the Lanos then?

Are you saying a lancer can't catch up the daewoo or are you saying the daewoo can't catch up to the lancer. I'm pretty sure you are gonna say the Lancer can't keep up with the Daewoo "racer" sicnce you seem hell bent that your daewoo racer is teh best ever.

So um you mind giving us more information here besides 1.8L v 1.5L engines? This post proves nothing to me as it stands You mind elaborating some more on what kind of mitsu? was it a truck? a car? a automatic a 5speed? what was it?

And why do i need a big engine to take you down with, I'm pretty sure i'll be able to do just fine if you give me a 4g63 and i'll show you a good time with your racer
Fightrice2

Re: Mitsubishi VS Daewoo

Post by Fightrice2 »

FightRice wrote:
python235 wrote:MAN, you dont know shit about daewoo's

No one says anywhere mistu's were the best, As a matter of fact i'm pretty sure if you could read or comprehend anything you'd notice that we admit that mistubishi's are slow cars 90% of the time.

So you want me to comparea a Lanos HB to a Colt which is the same level as a Lanos HB but the colt is Garbage? What does that make the Lanos then?

Are you saying a lancer can't catch up the daewoo or are you saying the daewoo can't catch up to the lancer. I'm pretty sure you are gonna say the Lancer can't keep up with the Daewoo "racer" sicnce you seem hell bent that your daewoo racer is teh best ever.

So um you mind giving us more information here besides 1.8L v 1.5L engines? This post proves nothing to me as it stands You mind elaborating some more on what kind of mitsu? was it a truck? a car? a automatic a 5speed? what was it?

And why do i need a big engine to take you down with, I'm pretty sure i'll be able to do just fine if you give me a 4g63 and i'll show you a good time with your racer
python235, that was the most idiotic post I have ever read. About the 1.8 litre engine, be more specific on what car it was! :roll: It could have been a 4G37 engine which was 1.8 litres with 92hp. :roll: Old technology, So c'mon now.

What do you mean "put in a GM Racing engine. With a damn large range (unlike mitsu)," what do you mean by that, I cant even comprehend what you ment. :roll:
I mean if you give me the same amount of cash, as what your gonna spend on getting a new engine, swapped in, tuned properly ($3k-$6k?) Then I will slap a T3/TO4E Hybrid on a 4G64, on my eclipse yes. And Im sure all you will be seeing is the rear end of a Mitsu. And if you say well No turbo. Then give me a 6G75-MIVEC with forged pistons, header system, cams, N/A Mods. And Im sure you will see the same damn thing. :roll:

I have never seen a Colt, I know it has a 1.8litre and a 1.5litre, and one even had Forced Induction. They are not martketed in the U.S. So, I dont know much about them.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

This post is useless along with everything in it.

The opinions and view of FightRice.com are just that and don't really matter anyways. If this is how they get their kicks, let them be. We all know what we have and we're proud of it. Acing's Lanos is pretty well put together. There's a difference between riding to pep-boys to pick out some parts and custom fabricating your own to equal or higher quality. It's all about the hard work and quality that goes into it.

And if you DSM guys are trying to get into a pissing match, how much did you pay for your cars and how much did we pay for ours? If we put the difference in amount into our woo's, don't ya think you'll be seeing taillights?

Be in all reality, you're comparing apples to oranges... You guys paid like $26K to have a lil bit more. We paid less than a fraction of that to get what we wanted... something different!

That's all I really have to say and I'm done with this thread.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Wow people take things WAY too siriously! LOL
This was a fun read. Thanks guys! hahahahaha

:)

Too bad I didn't have popcorn for the entertainment.

Cliff
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

daewooluvr wrote:This post is useless along with everything in it.

The opinions and view of FightRice.com are just that and don't really matter anyways. If this is how they get their kicks, let them be. We all know what we have and we're proud of it. Acing's Lanos is pretty well put together. There's a difference between riding to pep-boys to pick out some parts and custom fabricating your own to equal or higher quality. It's all about the hard work and quality that goes into it.

And if you DSM guys are trying to get into a pissing match, how much did you pay for your cars and how much did we pay for ours? If we put the difference in amount into our woo's, don't ya think you'll be seeing taillights?

Be in all reality, you're comparing apples to oranges... You guys paid like $26K to have a lil bit more. We paid less than a fraction of that to get what we wanted... something different!

That's all I really have to say and I'm done with this thread.
True, very true.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

@FightRice: Ok, YOU started the bashing... not me. Whoever signed my guestbook on my site said that "wow, your car should be put on www.fightrice.com". That was the only reason I went to that site... used a search function, found another daewoo, and just had to tell others about it. So noooooo... you guys were the ones who even started the whole thing. It's ok, cause you're so ignorant and have your head way up your butt.
And whatever dude, just grow up.
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

@ Fightrice.com and all of it's members.

Get a job.
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

I Have both a Lancer Ralliart and a Lanos.

Ralliart wins almost all categories except fuel consumption, but i also paid 7k more for the Lancer than I did the lanos. But I think in all reality before someone disrespects a car they should atleast drive it. I know for a fact the lancer is pretty Peppy for a 1.6l.

It will be "riced" in a month, I fused designs of a bodykit and a company is making them but i have to buy one. Oh well i'll have that and in 2 months time i'll have the turbo. Once i put the turbo on I'll most definitely be killing Evo's and STI's.

I think the Daewoo Platform is a very strong platform to go turbo or build on. It is just a bit more difficult because of the lack of american parts. If Daewoo would've had 1/18th the aftermarket support overhere, i gaurentee you that Daewoo's would hands down smack some cars up.

And i think the Best engine ever is the RB26DETT... The 4g63 is a respectable engine but when it comes to DSM's transmissions were always a problem. The 4g63 is old technology... make way for the RA 4g69 and the new Eclipse V6... Mivec is taking over for mitsu.
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.