ILLEGAL?!?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

casey

ILLEGAL?!?

Post by casey »

i recieved a citation to go to the state referee because my mods to my vehicle were "illegal".
is catback exaust and a 3" intake illegal?
daewooluvr
Expert

Re: ILLEGAL?!?

Post by daewooluvr »

casey wrote:i recieved a citation to go to the state referee because my mods to my vehicle were "illegal".
is catback exaust and a 3" intake illegal?
where do ya live?
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
casey

Post by casey »

orange county california.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

casey wrote:orange county california.
Possibly, you'll have to look into the CA laws to be sure. I know CA is the most strict state when it comes to mods.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
casey

Post by casey »

ya they r now "cracking down on street racers" like i could be qualified as such, i drive a daewoo... top speed 130. but thanks ill check into that.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

casey wrote:ya they r now "cracking down on street racers" like i could be qualified as such, i drive a daewoo... top speed 130. but thanks ill check into that.
OUCH!

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
casey

Post by casey »

dont get me wrong i love my car and everything about it, but lets face it... the daewoo was not built for speed, it was built for fuel economy.
that doesnt change the fact that ill do everything in my power to "hop up" my car.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i know man... i just thought it was funny :lol:

MMamdouh
casey

Post by casey »

funny, but tragically true, too bad there r no sources for any good preformance parts for daewoos.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

well you can swap a 2.2 Leggy in their and turbo it... good luck trying to stop though. :lol:

MMamdouh
casey

Post by casey »

lol, nt. i like the noise quality im getting form my 1.6 also im kinda lazy and would rather not redo my motor mounts.
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

Thats why I love Ohio. "Nazi"fornia sucks ass with their laws. If they tried to do that in ohio people will tell the cop to get f**ked. What I don't get is if all this stuff is illegal there, why are all the performance companies there?
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

casey wrote:funny, but tragically true, too bad there r no sources for any good preformance parts for daewoos.
Thats not really true at all, there are as many parts as you need, just as much as Honda/Acura/Mitsubishi etc., but you have to know where to look. Generally that means all over the world, and they are sometimes expensive, but almost any aftermarket part can be found. Especially for the 2.0 Liter. Contact 360 Dynamics if you yearn for some special part, from my experience, they have contacts everywhere and can get mostly anything for our cars.

As for the intake/exhaust being illegal, it could very well be so, but be sure to check with the courts to find that somewhere in writing, just to make sure that the cop wasn't in a bad mood or filling his quota. In Florida, they just passed a law that if you street race, you could be sentanced to 5 years in jail and have your car confiscated without refund, people participating/watching could also be fined a few grand. That's a little drastic, don't you think :roll: .
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

well at least living here in the bay area, there are sooooo many riced up and tricked out cars that mine will be one that doesn't look too bad and it won't be obnoxious, most of the cops up here in norcal won't really mess with you because most of them have much better things to do. Plus I have Arizona plates on my car and an Az drivers license so even if they site me I will just tell them that it is legal in az. 8)
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

-thats the cool part about the woos, the cops will stop 5 diferents cars befor stop you.

-instead of swap an engine and make it turbo. Just make your lanos turbo...

-Why %80 of the people in this forum always are crying about performance mods. Most of the parts are " universal". And %75 of the people in this forum don't want to spend too much money in parts. By the way 360 Dynamics have some, buy it from them.

-By the way my nubira no have nothing of an economy fuel car
ImageImage