Supercharger

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Efratech
Admin

Supercharger

Post by Efratech »

Hi,

Yeh, i know i should run the car first :roll: BUT... i'm always thinking of crazy ideas.

I've (and my mechanic) been playing with the idea of adding a supercharger to my XE, i dont have an AC so the belt will run from there.

I might use a compressor from the 4age 1.6 16v supercharger of toyota and keep the standard compression.

It should be quite intresting since i already have the big plenum, the programable management and the pistons are forged from factory.

I did ask this same question on other UK forums. so i'll get different views and opinions

BTW the car should be running for next week. there is some work at the shop at the moment, so i'm the first on the waiting list.

Feel free to post your opinions

Efrain
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

i think you would be more happy with a turbo but if you can get away with doing the supercharger for cheap.. do that first then go race!!! then save money and get a trubo and go faster
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

the toyota one is an eaton style compresser isnt it? you could always opt for a votec or even a custom screw type supercharger (wishful thinking)
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Yeh its an eaton style one,

But its like Woohoo said i can do it kinda cheap. I've access to these superchargers, infact a friend who owns an jap autoparts has 2.

Efrain.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

dont they have a tendancy to heat up a bit? Are they telfon coated or is that something you have to pay to do?
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

woo wrote:dont they have a tendancy to heat up a bit? Are they telfon coated or is that something you have to pay to do?
All forms of forced induction heat up the engine bay. This is why you would run an intercooler.

I'd suggest ceramic coating if it doesn't already come that way.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
greentrep94

Post by greentrep94 »

i was looking at that new one from HKS used for the 350Z. I think it might be easier using that kind and not having to modify the plenum too much and use mostly stock parts.