noise pollution

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

greenbluewoo
Expert

noise pollution

Post by greenbluewoo »

i was driving down the street tonight and had my stereo about ten and the windows down then all of a sudden a cop starts bombing down the street with his blues and pulls me over and said that my stereo was way too loud and gave me a $100 ticket :shock: for noise pollution after i saw the how much the ticket was i was pissed so i revved my engine and took off then about 10 to 15mins later i called my friend and he got pulled over by the same cop because of his exhaust and said it was noise pollution and people are trying to sleep and this is about 8:00 o'clock WHAT THE F#$% IS THAT i dont like cops that push kids around pull kids over because of there exhaust shouldn't they be something better than harrassing kids and eating donuts screw them sorry i'm just a little mad i had to let of a little steam
2.0 engine swap in the works
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

hell at least you were given the decency of getting pulled over by a cop in a car. i got pulled over at a light by a pig on a bike. and by bike i mean bicycle. :oops: i would've just floored it but there was a guy in front of me at the light. :x then ya'll would've seen a daewoo on the run from the cops on CNN. :lol: but yeah in oklahoma it used to be if you can hear music like 50 feet away then you'd get a ticket now its like 25 feet. and not just bass but music or your car even rattling. and its a $120 for your first offense and like $150 after that. luckily though they don't pull you over for exhaust noise like cali or other places.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

the rule in australia is 3 metres (10 feet) so i always watch my back
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

I was reading somewhere that if the music is heard from 60 feet away, it is considered to be illegal. Now the exhaust issue... that is completely bogus, I mean look at Harleys (yes those SUPER LOUD bikes). None of them get any tickets but they are WAY louder than any exhaust on any street legal car. That's what really pisses me off. But I've never gotten a ticket for any of these "violations". *knocks on wood*
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

my brothers ex girlfriend got slaped with a few thousand dollars worth of fines for her car being too loud, too low, unregistered, sterio too loud and being a V8 when the compliance plate said its a 6. Good thing the pigs didnt see the radar detector (it was turned off, probably why she got caught)
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

we got nothing like that here... your car could be loud as hell using both the exhaust and sound system yet no one can pull you over :lol:

however tinted windows, body and windscheld stickers, fog lights are illegal and if you got caught with a radar detector aboard you are totally f#$ked up. :cry:

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

Check your local Motor Vehicle laws because here in CT it cant be over a certain Decible and all you have to do when you get the ticket he go to a radio show and have them test your decible level and they give you a print out of it and bring it to court and they throw it out !! :D
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

It's the end of the month gentlemen, the cops have to fill their quotas!

If they don't, the county board sees that there were no tickets given out all month, if there are no tickets, they must not need so many cops, and if they don't need so many cops, downsizing at the police department, and the one who gets fired is the one who wrote the least tickets. It's a vicious cycle, so watch your ass at the end of the month, like the last week and a half of each month. This month, spring break landed in the last week of March, and dammit you should have seen the PoPo out in full force.

Man, if the cops pulled people here over for sound, no one would be driving. My intake alone is so loud is scares folks, my friend cracked his exhaust on his Camry V6 and had to drive to the shop with headers only, and I was behind an Impala at a light whose exhaust was so loud when he took off, that my plastic trim was shaking.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

BosnianLanos wrote:It's the end of the month gentlemen, the cops have to fill their quotas!
yeah no kiddin, I got pulled over twice in the past 24 hours... GRRRR!!
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

daewooluvr wrote:
BosnianLanos wrote:It's the end of the month gentlemen, the cops have to fill their quotas!
What for???
CHNDROSE
Junior

Post by CHNDROSE »

I wish the cops would pull over the two morons who think it is cool to ride through the subdivision at 2am with their bass going.

Rose
Light without shadow is blindness.
daftmajin
Expert

Post by daftmajin »

daewooluvr wrote:
Seriously. Cops are in "terminator" mode at the end of the month. My friend just got a ticket for not having his headlights on and it was still daylight outside. In TX you have to have your lights on at 8pm daylight or not.
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr
Eng:APC/DaewooTech.Net/Magnecor/NGK/Optima/Ractive/Unique Motorsports/powdercoated valve cover/removed intake resonator
Susp:Intrax/KYB
Rollers:Falken/Rage
Ext:Dan's Decals/mesh grille/OEM wing&foglights
ICE:Audiobahn/Pioneer
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

goodness i love living in the south :lmao: :lmao:

we import boys don't have ANYTHING on the rednecks with the trans-ams and mustangs. anything less or anything more than 8 (with the exception of 10) cylinders is not considered an engine here. the state of tn has two dot testing locations in the entire state for stuff like emissions testing, headlight brightness values, etc etc tec. everyone should move to tn if they want to run whatever they want on their cars!

:lmao:
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Sh*t dude, if you don't want any kind of testing at all, move to Florida. Zero emissions tests, nothing to pay, no problems. And I have never heard anyone pulled over due to engine noise, and the bass noise has to be really, really loud to get a cops attention.
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

yeah, it's that way here too...

in fact, i live 15 miles from bristol motor speedway and the thunder-valley drag way... on tuesdays and thursdays you can't hadly sleep cause of all the people racing around (they hold street fights on tues and thrus... come, pay $5, drag all night on the strip)!!!