Two things:

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

As far as I know, the Forenza, Aveo, Verona, Optra and Reno all have the same harness adapter as the Lanos, Nubira and Leganza.

Daewoo didn't change an allready in production wiring harness that they know works properly just because the cars are getting new badges & names.

Cliff
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

whats so hard about puttung in a cd player? yellow is power, black is the earth, red is the ignition, blue the electric arial (or amp control), the rest are speakers
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

woo wrote:whats so hard about puttung in a cd player? yellow is power, black is the earth, red is the ignition, blue the electric arial (or amp control), the rest are speakers
There is nothing hard about it, however it is nice to just plug into the stock wiring harness. It makes installation a simple and clean process.
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

i cut my plug off and soldered the new wires on. problem solved
330w carbon kevlar

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

woo wrote:i cut my plug off and soldered the new wires on. problem solved
Most people have no idea how to solder.
Also, a harness plug adapter makes it a lot easier for changing wires later.

It really irritates me when I work on someone's car, or buy a used car and the stock wiring harness has been cut because most people who cut it don't leave enough wire to make it easy towork with. The adapters are just a lot more simple and easy to deal with.
You can solder all the wires to the adapter and then just plug the new radio in, instead of having to have the hot soldering iron inside the dash and have the possibility of some freak accident happening and you end up melting a spot on your dash or the radio bezel with the soldering iron. Don't ask me how it could happen, but with my luck, it probably would! LOL

Cliff
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

the harness in my car was long so it cause no problems, plus i soldered it out of the car. My original cd player broke so it didnt matter if i left no wire on it
330w carbon kevlar

Nurse Wratchet

Post by Nurse Wratchet »

Soldering is definitely not a problem considering my boyfriend goes to a tech school and he does that as a career. The problem I have with it is a little more personal (other than the fact that if i don't use a harness and anything happens to my car and they find out, my warantee is then voided & i won't get any help for damages).

Problem #2, the reason I have this new car is b/c my old Celica caught up in flames as i was driving it and i sat stranded, 4 hours away from home on New years eve watching my car explode and burn to the ground! So, needless to say, I'm extra cautious about this one. I'm willing to go through the b/s of making sure it is perfect.

Thank you for the reassurance about the wiring harnesses. I'm ordering it tonight. Hopefully it'll work and -this- car won't explode in flames!
Size DOES Matter In my Engine that is ;)
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Don't worry about your car exploding in flames ... it's not a Ford Explorer! LOL :lol:

I found that wiring harness in stock at 3 different car stereo shops and also available in the stereo shop at Circuit City and Best Buy.

Most places carry that harness.

Cliff
Nurse Wratchet

Post by Nurse Wratchet »

which harness did u find in stock? the one for a Forenza or the Daewoo? I have to check back again today for the Daewoo with circuit city. They didn't have it the last 3 times....but then again they're morons. heh

My boyfriend's stepfather bought a new car a few years ago and 2 weeks later it went up in flames. After his insurance hired a detective to pick apart its remains, they traced it back to the cd player he had installed. They didn't find a harness so they didn't cover the loss. He's still paying off a car he hasn't driven for 4 years now! Talk about crappy luck, eh?

I would never make a dumb move like buy a Ford haha But that's why I was in such shock watching my car melt to the ground..It was a Toyota! the electrical shorted and set the plastic on fire causing the whole thing to engulf since I had a leak. Sucks that I was on the highway buckled in my car when it decided to do it!
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

anyone know where i might be able to get the STOCK wiring harness that actually came witht he car? I got it used and the goof cut off the original harness! DOH!
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
Nurse Wratchet

space filler for my cd player

Post by Nurse Wratchet »

Oh.....my........god......I am seriously contemplating the exact reason as to WHY I thought this was worth all the effort. I have the harness, finally, and it works. That's one plus. I was able to get the stock cd player out, another plus. But now I have another issue. I've become close friends with the return department in Wal-Mart. Nice group of people but I'd like to find the right accessory to fit my new cd player into the huge hole in my dash!!
So far I've tried the one for a GM, Toyota, and Import and none have worked.

What is next?! Do I need to order aother part for it?? Wal-mart has nothing.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

What car do you drive? I know they sell kits for a Lanos for a perfect fit.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

AcingTeam wrote:What car do you drive? I know they sell kits for a Lanos for a perfect fit.
here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5774283925

oh wait, it says it's a universal kit...

but looking it it, it looks like the right one...
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

daewooluvr wrote:
AcingTeam wrote:What car do you drive? I know they sell kits for a Lanos for a perfect fit.
here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5774283925

oh wait, it says it's a universal kit...

but looking it it, it looks like the right one...
That's the one.
scarr
Junior

Post by scarr »

I ordered my car kit for the lanos from crutchfield.