Two things:

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Nurse Wratchet

Two things:

Post by Nurse Wratchet »

Ok, I finally managed to yank my stock cd player out of my dash without taking off that stupid paneling, due to my inability to figure out how to do so, and now I wish i never did. Turns out the tech guy at Best Buy gave me the wrong wire harness! So now all I have is a very quiet car with a BIG hole in my dash because I cannot find the correct wire harness if my life depended on it. I've searched 8 stores now and no one has a harness for a 2005 Forenza. Some have never even heard of a Forenza!

#1:Does anyone know where I can find the right wire harness for my car???

I'm really sketched out about driving around with all my wires in the open not to mention my A/C doesn't really work as well b/c the vents are also pulled out.

#2: Do you know if "Dual" speakers are any good?

please please help me, no one around here knows jack about Suzukis. They only think bikes or freakin jeeps!
AHH
Size DOES Matter In my Engine that is ;)
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

you can get a wire harness at walmart.. its one of the Import harnesses
daewooluvr
Expert

Re: Two things:

Post by daewooluvr »

Nurse Wratchet wrote: #1:Does anyone know where I can find the right wire harness for my car???
Check Ebay
Nurse Wratchet wrote:
By Dual you mean Components? Yes I believe they reproduce better sounds but it all depends on the quality of the speaker. What brand and model?
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Nurse Wratchet

Re: Two things:

Post by Nurse Wratchet »

daewooluvr wrote:
Nurse Wratchet wrote: #1:Does anyone know where I can find the right wire harness for my car???
Check Ebay
Nurse Wratchet wrote:
By Dual you mean Components? Yes I believe they reproduce better sounds but it all depends on the quality of the speaker. What brand and model?

I would have to make an account for Ebay though huh? Does that cost anything?
and the brand of speakers is "Dual" i wanted to get Audiobahn but my friend is trying to convince me to go with the sale which was "get one amp $149 and up and get 2 free 10" Dual speakers with it.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Are the 10" speakers of your choice?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

kinkyllama wrote:Are the 10" speakers of your choice?
I think what he's trying to say is that Dual is an actual brand name.

@ Nurse Wratchet: To register on eBay is FREE.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

From what I have seen, Dual brand is a low quality brand and I would not recomend them if you want decent sound reproduction.
Why do you think they are giving them away free?? LOL

Oh .. and PLEASE stay away from Audiobahn! The speakers sound like mud. Blech. They are all chrome and look fancy but the sound quality is very much lacking.

:)

I really miss my Suzuki and wish I had never sold it!

Cliff
Last edited by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz on Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nurse Wratchet

Post by Nurse Wratchet »

Yeah, I figured as much about them being pretty cheap. (By the way, the brand name is "Dual" e.g. "Pioneer" or "JVC" etc.) The Forenza doesn't have too bad of a sound system, I was just looking for a bit more punch. I wasn't expecting much quality but I figured the "dual" 's weren't anywhere as good as pioneer or any of that sort.I think I'm just letting my cheap side interfere hah. I still can't find that wire harness though.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:Oh .. and PLEASE stay away from Audiobahn! The speakers sound like mud. Blech. They are all chrome and look fancy but the sound quality is very much lacking.
Yes their older stuff wasn't very high on the SQ charts. They newer lines however are quite good as long as you stay away from their low priced stuff. My component set sound incredible.

I should have my sub and amp installed this weekend. I'm not expecting big things out of it because they're on the lower end but I'm sure it's better than most stuff in the same price range.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
fuiguswoo

Post by fuiguswoo »

ahhh duals suck :p
its dat woo wooooo
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

Nurse Wratchet wrote: I still can't find that wire harness though.
Just go to your local audio shop and ask for a Daewoo wiring harness...it's the same as the Forenza....if you have an Optra or a Reno... i'm not so sure. If push comes to shove, and no one has it just order one from Crutchfield. You can take my word on the harness though I took apart a Leganza at the junkyard just to make sure...same exact stereo! Good luck. BTW take Cliff's word on the Audiobahn stuff...they are like detroit hookers, some may look good but you don't wanna f*%k wit'em.
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

circuit city had the harness for my lanos
Nurse Wratchet

Post by Nurse Wratchet »

Haha, I'll remember that next time I'm in Detroit. :lol: But yeah, I went to Circuit City, Best Buy, Sound Advice and a few other small specialty shops. Circuit City said they had no clue if it was even made yet. I told them to get me one for a Daewoo and they freaked. I e-mailed a few sites also I think i may have found one and it is for a Daewoo. I'm just gonna give it a shot. If it doesn't work, then i'm just gonna say screw it n direct wire it in even if it does void my warrantee. o well. I like music more than warrantees! hah
bluesheepbrian
Expert

Post by bluesheepbrian »

#1:Does anyone know where I can find the right wire harness for my car???

Go to www.crutchfield.com

I found my wire harness and the dash kit to make the stereo fit perfectly in the car.
2002 Daewoo Lanos HB
www.evo-imports.com
www.myspace.com/bluesheepbrian
"Beating a Honda is like banging a fat chick. Everyone can do it but who wants to brag about it?"
Nurse Wratchet

Post by Nurse Wratchet »

when i went to crutchfield they gave me a daewoo one. I emailed someone from Ebay and they said that the Daewoo wire harness is the only one that fits for a Forenza. I'm guessing it is the Leganza (thank you for checking that out it helped alot). Crutchfield says theres no match for my car. :\
But I finally got my tint! hah