Suzuki Reno Rally Car

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Chip

Suzuki Reno Rally Car

Post by Chip »

Hey All,

I'm new to the Daewootech forum here, but certainly not new to the world of GMDAT products. My company has been working with them since the beginning of their campaign in the US. Anyway, we've recently entered the race arena by putting a Suzuki Reno into the California Rally Series circuit. Here is a little preview of what the car is most likely going to look like...

For more info about what we're doing, visit http://www.b-moto.com. This is just a splash page at the moment as we're getting ready to unveil the finished site in a few weeks or so. So if you can be patient, there will be much fun stuff to come!

Our next race is May 6-7 at Rim of the World Rally in Lancaster, CA. So, if you're in the area and planning to come out, be sure to say hi to us.
Chip Doeden
Boshart Motorsports
www.b-moto.com
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

let me know some more about this because I am in cali and not many people here are into the gmdat mods.(I am fairly new to it myself) Where is lancaster BTW I am in the san francisco bay area.

Timmay
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
Chip

Post by Chip »

Yo Timmay,

Thanks for your interest. At this point we're doing a lot of custom work because, like you said, there are not many companies making GMDAT performance parts, let alone racing parts. We're focusing on the suspension right now, but have many ideas about squeezing out some more ponies and getting better handling. If you have anything specific you think we should look into, let me know. We'll keep posting on the website.

Lancaster is about a 5 hour ride for you, give or take a little. It's just over the mountains north of LA. Perfect place for beating up a car :-) Hope you can make it out, it should be a great time. In conjunction with the race itself, there is a car show, an autocross event, and a bunch of vendors will be around exhibiting their goods. Hope to see you there...

-Chip
Chip Doeden
Boshart Motorsports
www.b-moto.com
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

If I have money I will probably make it down for the rally. I have a lanos so if you guys ever get sick of working on the Reno let me know. :wink: I was thinking about doing a turbo system but I don't think anyone here locally would be able to handle it. oh well talk to ya soon.

my aim and yim names are both in my profile, feel free to hit me up.

Timmay
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Chip wrote:Lancaster is about a 5 hour ride for you, give or take a little. -Chip
I got all excited there for a second then realized you're talking about the non-amish Lancaster in CA :(
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

sweet! If i wasnt racing that weekend id probably have to drive from AZ just to go see you guys race!

Theres no chance you would sell any suspension parts is there?

Good luck with the race.. im race my forenza nearly every weekend. Unfortunitly i think im going to have to buy another car just for race cuz i cant afford to put all the stuff like roll cage in my forenza.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
Chip

Post by Chip »

I got all excited there for a second then realized you're talking about the non-amish Lancaster in CA :(
Very sorry to disappoint. If we ever get around to Amish country, I'll let you know. :D
Theres no chance you would sell any suspension parts is there?
We're working on a custom rally race suspension at the moment, but we may also be building a street version. I'll let you know.
Unfortunitly i think im going to have to buy another car just for race cuz i cant afford to put all the stuff like roll cage in my forenza.
Let me know if you do decide to put a cage in the Forenza. We'd be more than happy to share what knowledge we know :-) Good luck with your racing. What kind of racing are you doing?
Chip Doeden
Boshart Motorsports
www.b-moto.com
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

Sounds great Chip! I will keep checking in on your web site for more information.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

:? A Lancaster with no Amish??
Maybe some of them need to move there. LOL

Too bad I'm on the wrong coast or I would try to make it out to the race.

Cliff
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Chip wrote: Let me know if you do decide to put a cage in the Forenza. We'd be more than happy to share what knowledge we know :-) Good luck with your racing. What kind of racing are you doing?

I've done many autocross events. Some open track days.. and i just started working on getting my competition license so i can race. I've also driven an open wheel formula car.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
CHNDROSE
Junior

Post by CHNDROSE »

The Reno looks sweet. I cannot wait to see pics of the car when it is complete. Cool that someone else might be doing parts, maybe it might increase the popularity of the car although I do enjoy not seeing another one in my neck of the woods.

Rose
Light without shadow is blindness.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Welcome Chip,

I really like the Rally car proyect!

Feel free to ask any questions!

Perhaps we can get a small daewootech.com sticker on the car :)

Efrain.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
Chip

Post by Chip »

Thanks for all the encouragement guys! We've actually been hard at work today relocating the battery, putting in lights, and thinking about suspension.
although I do enjoy not seeing another one in my neck of the woods.
Yeah, it was great at our first event to be the only Suzuki out there, let alone a brand new model. A bunch of the other racers were trying to guess what it was. The most common response was a Mazda 3. When we told people it was a Suzuki they were amazed. Everyone loves the design!
Perhaps we can get a small daewootech.com sticker on the car Smile
We would love to run a daewootech.com sticker. Can someone hook me up?!

-Chip
Chip Doeden
Boshart Motorsports
www.b-moto.com
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

You have all our support with the proyect, has i said before feel free to ask anything, maybe some of us are not Race Engineers yet :P but belive me we've some amazing guys on this forum. :wink:
Chip wrote: We would love to run a daewootech.com sticker. Can someone hook me up?!

-Chip
Really? in what size do you want them? :roll:

Efrain.