Turbo Nubira Wagon

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote: Shaun ... Nobody visits you because nobody loves you. LOL
Cliff
Dirty French Fries... that's all I'm sayin'
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

richardmatalon wrote:Well THe people that told me that they were not forged were clevite, the people that make the pistons. They were not the mhale pistons, and they are definately not thicker in all the right areas.
That's wierd.... why would the Clevite catalog state that they are forged when they aren't ??

I compared them side to side to my Forged Mahle pistons and the 8.6:1 pistons looked stronger in many respects.

I think Tom even took it down to a local performance engine builder to have him take a look at them (these guys are a very reputable machine shop that specialize in designing, modifying, testing and assembling all types of race and drag engines)

Sorry to drag this on but I really want to get to the bottom of this... I was thinking about the 8.6:1 pistons for my new Fornenza engine.

I'm going to get the part number off Tom and dig around....... he's a very honest guy and he does his homework when it comes to parts so I'd be surprized if they aren't what he thought they were.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

So Jeff is rebuilding??

Is he still using the 2.2L block or was it damaged??
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Erfinder wrote:So Jeff is rebuilding??

Is he still using the 2.2L block or was it damaged??
I think that the headgasket let go, im not too sure if there was any other damaged.

OZ: nobody visits me neither :(
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Efrain A. wrote:OZ: nobody visits me neither :(
Efrain....I promise that I will visit you... perhaps next winter when it's so cold that oil turns into tar.

Can you blame me for choosing the Dominican Republic over the Eastern seaboard??
richardmatalon
Junior

Post by richardmatalon »

Well I don't think thse are the 8.6 :1 I think the are the factory cast pistons. I don't know, bro I really don't know, All I am saying is that its done, I would also agree with u that Tom is an Honest person. I have done other business with him and have not been disappointed, I just think that he made a mistake and basically, I had to pay for it, but thats ok. Such is life. Amm, Jeff already rebuilt the engine, he melted the rings I think. It was running when the manifold came off, but I think he just wanted to build a tubular mani for it. Not entirely sure though, but he is a really cool guy, he has been very helpful. Now if you do plan on turboing the optra, I would recomend a different radiator, cause if it is the single core , like the one in the nubi, it sucks, you will definately need a double or tripple core atleast, I would recomend getting one for the civic, like the fludyine ones, cause it will free up some more space and also It will cool better. I have gotten some dtc codes off of the car, but the ce light keeps coming back, So i need to sit down one day and figure it out, but the car idles kinda high, and one of the c.e. lights is for the IAC, so I don't know whats up with that, I might have to try and adjust the idle down a little, and see how that helps.
2.0 dohc turbo
Garret T3 turbo
Custom Intercooler
Custom Everything
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

what year honda civic?? i am very interested in getting one of the racing radaitors they have for the civics.. damn things are 3.5" thick
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

daewooluvr wrote:
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote: Shaun ... Nobody visits you because nobody loves you. LOL
Cliff
You found some?? Ship'em with the $10 I paypal'd to you last year for the hotdogs I never received (or are they for local pick-up in PA only?). LOL

--

These extra cooling radiators ... how are they for weight?
richardmatalon
Junior

Post by richardmatalon »

The radiators are made of aluminium, so they are light, , the best place I can say to loon is ebay, or summitracing or somewhere like that, they are cheaper online. The 92-95 civics came with the half radiators, thats what I am getting. I would also recommend that you get a flat fan as well for the radiator.
2.0 dohc turbo
Garret T3 turbo
Custom Intercooler
Custom Everything
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

richardmatalon wrote:The radiators are made of aluminium, so they are light, , the best place I can say to loon is ebay, or summitracing or somewhere like that, they are cheaper online. The 92-95 civics came with the half radiators, thats what I am getting. I would also recommend that you get a flat fan as well for the radiator.
Sorry to get more off topic. But be sure to update us about how the radiator goes.. and even weigh out the difference cause i need something to help keep tempatures down for the long races.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:
daewooluvr wrote:
Cliff
You found some?? Ship'em with the $10 I paypal'd to you last year for the hotdogs I never received (or are they for local pick-up in PA only?). LOL

--

These extra cooling radiators ... how are they for weight?

I told you that I'd refund it but you said just hold it cuz you were going to buy something from me (don't remember what it was). You can always use it as a free food vouchure at this years get-to-gether... if it ever happens.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

man I really intereseted in those pics Puerto_Rico_nubira and I were thinking in make our nubis turbo. With a basic set up. So stop the cheat chat and POST THE PICS.
ImageImage
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

richardmatalon wrote:Well I don't think thse are the 8.6 :1 I think the are the factory cast pistons.
What is the part number??

Is it punched into the pistons somewhere??

I know that he only brought in one set of 8.6:1 forged pistons (as per the catalog) and one set of 8:1 Hypereuretic alloy pistons (as per the catalog ) so the idea that they are cast "OEM replacement" pistons is somewhat out of the question ( unless his supplier or clevite screwed up on the part numbers )

The difference between the 8:1 and 8.6:1 is unmistakeable so you must have the 8.6:1.

I held both sets in my hands and compared them to the C20GET pistons.

I'm sorry if I'm being aggressive about this but it my opinion that someone at Clevite may have mislead you or there is some mistake on the part numbers...... and I don't like seeing people I know being accused of things without proof.

I still have to ask.... what makes you think they aren't forged??

You are aware that from a visual point of view a forged, hypereuretic and plain cast piston will look nearly identical right??

My personal opinion.... if you use the stock Nubira pistons your engine will be dead within a couple of months unless you continue using low boost (less than 7psi )

One mistake in fuel metering or ignition with that high of compression will most certainly mean detonation and possible destruction of your engine.

I hope you have a dyno and a wide band O2 sensor available in your area.... your going to need to tune both the fuel and ignition bands to ensure safe operation.

As per the radiator..... the Sunbird 2.0L turbo radiator will most likely be my choice... it's twice the thickness of the stock radiator and I know guys using it with high horsepower C20GET engines.
showdown

Post by showdown »

Hi,

I also own (2) NUBIRA WAGON (1.6L and 2.0L).
I just read that you try to put a turbo on your car.
I'm very-very-very interested by your project !!
Hope you put on the forum more picture and a complet report about your work.

Have a nice day.
-=Exiled=- Chris

Post by -=Exiled=- Chris »