Turbo Nubira Wagon

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

richardmatalon
Junior

Turbo Nubira Wagon

Post by richardmatalon »

Ok gys, the car is basically finished. It has been for a while now, I jsut haven't really had the time to post anyhting. Ok here is my setup (pics will come soon)

Turbo: Garret t3
Walbro 250 gph fp
Vortech 10:1 fmu
Apex'i S-afc
Stock Pistons ( the ones I bought form 360 dynamics as forged pistons turned out to be cast and cheap replicas of the low compression pistons out of the c20get so I was better off going back with the stock pistons)
Mls Head Gasket
Custom Manifold ( bought it from pontiacjeff, he has been very helpful)
Injectors are stock right now but I plan on changing those soon, I will also be getting those from jeff.
I got a custom exaughst on the car, from my local muffler shop, the downpipe is 2.75" into a 3" pipe.
And thats pretty much it. I had to move the fan on the passengers side, becuase it was right byt eh turbo, so I installed a pusher fan in the front. I am going to change the radiator to a smaller one, the ones that come from the civic, the half radiators, that are made by fludyine wich are tripple core. I have run the car on about 2 - 3 psi of boost so far and the car feels really good,. The turbo spools up very quickly and I am very impressed. As soon as I get some time, I will posts pics and answer anyquestions that anyone might have. I also have an hks ssbov and a Greddy turbo timer. I have ordered a transmission oil cooler and Also a boost controller, going with the greddy profec b spec 2. Well guys I am off to bed, but I will post pics soon. Take it easy.
2.0 dohc turbo
Garret T3 turbo
Custom Intercooler
Custom Everything
kinkyllama
Expert

Re: Turbo Nubira Wagon

Post by kinkyllama »

richardmatalon wrote: Stock Pistons ( the ones I bought form 360 dynamics as forged pistons turned out to be cast and cheap replicas of the low compression pistons out of the c20get so I was better off going back with the stock pistons)
Wait... was Tom from 360 not aware they were not forged?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
Stefan
Super

Post by Stefan »

What spec T3 did you use? Any A/R or trim numbers?

Stef
Vauxhall Astra.
T3 60trim, Intercooler, Mopar Super 60 Injectors, SDS Stand Alone EFI, Cast T3 Manifold With External Wastegate + More...
NubiraPower

Post by NubiraPower »

richardmatalon. congratulations! :wink: When you will have time maybe you will make a movie with your car. You can record on a video camera the engine and then a 0-100km/h! :D
Nubira Power
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Re: Turbo Nubira Wagon

Post by PrecisionBoost »

richardmatalon wrote:Stock Pistons ( the ones I bought form 360 dynamics as forged pistons turned out to be cast and cheap replicas of the low compression pistons out of the c20get so I was better off going back with the stock pistons)
How did you come to the conclusion that they were not forged pistons??

I've seen them in person... I don't know why you would call them "cheap replicas"

They certainly aren't the same quality as a JE Piston but I'd use them for a low boost application (less than 15psi).... they just need some minor machining for the valve reliefs.

Have you talked to Tom about this issue??
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Was this manifold the one PontiacJeff was using on the 2.2L he blew up?

I haven't heard much from him lately... did he ever get it running again?

I still can't belive that he ran that much boost on stock internals.... he sure did crank out some nice numbers before the engine died. :roll:
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I just finshed getting off the phone with Tom (we are planning a trip to go see WooHoo in Montana this weekend)

I asked him about the pistons and he said that the catalog lists the pistons you purchased as forged 8.6:1 compression pistons so they must be forged.

Who told you they weren't forged??

I remember comparing the 8.6:1 compression pistons to my stock C20GET pistons from my turbo engine... they were thicker in all the right areas and they had a better finish quality.

Considering the C20GET pistons are made by Mahle.... that is saying quite a bit.... Mahle is one of the world's premier piston manufacturers.

So.... I have to wonder if your just saying this stuff because your mad that he wouldn't let you return them after you've had them for 7 months.

I know I wouldn't let anyone return a product a half a year later unless they were willing to pay a huge "restocking fee" (say 50%)

If you want to get rid of them so bad you should sell them to someone else on the board.... considering you only paid about $275 USD shipped to your door I'm sure that others would be interested at that price.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Erfinder wrote: If you want to get rid of them so bad you should sell them to someone else on the board.... considering you only paid about $275 USD shipped to your door I'm sure that others would be interested at that price.
I bet Debo would be willing to buy them
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
richardmatalon
Junior

Post by richardmatalon »

Well THe people that told me that they were not forged were clevite, the people that make the pistons. They were not the mhale pistons, and they are definately not thicker in all the right areas. I am not mad anymore, I realize that it was my mistake to trust someone that I don't know. I wote tom the next day after recieveing the pistons and he assured me that they were forged and I took him at his word. But when i called clevite, they told me that the pistons were cast aluminum pistons, not even hyperutectic. But Such is life, I am no longer angry, I am sure they will make great ashtrays, expensive, but great. I will definately do a movie of the car when it is done, I jsut have some minor loose ends to tie up and I need to finish the break in period. I just want Tom to know that I will say that the mistake was mine, and that he s a trustworthy person as I have not had any other problems with doing business with him, just that I am sad that things turned out the way they did with the pistons, I jsut wished that he would have allowed me , as a great supporter of his business venture to retun the pistons, as it was really unfair that I didn't get what I paid for. But such is life, I asked him to even send back partial payment for the pistons, but he refused, I was going to take it up with paypal, but decided not to, beucase I would like to continue business and personal relations with him as he has been a great help. well, I will post pics, I did some more work on the car today, the manifold is off of the daewoo engine that blew up, but he rebuilt it and is building a tubular manifold for that car. The manifold is great, works fine, great build quality. Well, I will be back soon with pictures.
2.0 dohc turbo
Garret T3 turbo
Custom Intercooler
Custom Everything
richardmatalon
Junior

Post by richardmatalon »

ohh and by the way, i didn't pay 275 $ us shipped to my door, I pay more than that, if you would like I could post the exact amount with the paypal invoice number. But anyways, water under the bridge, no need getting angry over spilt milk
2.0 dohc turbo
Garret T3 turbo
Custom Intercooler
Custom Everything
NubiraPower

Post by NubiraPower »

I will definately do a movie of the car when it is done
10x! I have a Nubira too and I'm very curios to see a Nubira with turbo installed. :wink:
Nubira Power
debo890
Super

Post by debo890 »

I bet Debo would be willing to buy them
i sure would be if the price is right. send a pic(every angle. i dont want a f**Ked piston) of the piston and we will talk. i will also like part number so i can look up the part and also take to the manufacture. pm me.
got drift?
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Erfinder wrote:I just finshed getting off the phone with Tom (we are planning a trip to go see WooHoo in Montana this weekend)
sure no body comes to visit me :(
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Wow! A turbo wagon ... now you can get the ice cream home from the grocery store before it melts!! :P

Seriously ... we need to see pics when you are done!

Shaun ... Nobody visits you because nobody loves you. LOL

I've always liked the Nubira wagon ... almost bought one instead of my Leganza.

Cliff
debo890
Super

Post by debo890 »

Erfinder wrote:
I just finshed getting off the phone with Tom (we are planning a trip to go see WooHoo in Montana this weekend)

sure no body comes to visit me
me too. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
its alright, :cry: i could use 500 hands(well tom would need them more) and tools :lol: to fix my nubi. bring some cash also. :lol:
got drift?