Crazy Types of FORCED INDUCTION

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:I noticed a big difference in my carburated Porsche that has no computer.
There is a gas station near my house that sells 118 octane from the pump :shock: :P :D

As for our Daewoos with a stock ECU, I don't really know how much, if any, gain you will see.

Cliff
118 octane!? i only know of one gas pump that sells 100octane ( i think its 100.. its just called racing fuel) and you have to talk to the people inside and they have to come out and unlock the pump for that fuel
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

kinkyllama wrote:
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:I noticed a big difference in my carburated Porsche that has no computer.
There is a gas station near my house that sells 118 octane from the pump :shock: :P :D

As for our Daewoos with a stock ECU, I don't really know how much, if any, gain you will see.

Cliff
118 octane!? i only know of one gas pump that sells 100octane ( i think its 100.. its just called racing fuel) and you have to talk to the people inside and they have to come out and unlock the pump for that fuel
Yeah, this pump is locked and you have to pre-pay to get the gas. The pump has a sign on it that says "Blue Lightning Racing Fuel". I'm scared to ask how much per gallon it is with gas prices the way they are today. It was almost $5 a gallon when regular gas was $0.89 to $0.99 per gallon.