Timing belt

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

rev320

Post by rev320 »

Be very careful with engine cleaners. Re-suspension of sludge can kill an engine quickly by blocking oil passages and introducing dirt into the bearings. As long as the goo does not circulate it does no major harm. Most of the time it's better to let it lie until the engine can be torn down and cleaned. Using a cleaner or flush to remove a light varnish deposit from a sticky lifter might be OK, but even then I would be a little nervous. It might just as easily remove build-up from seals and cause leaks. It's much better to do a mechanical repair.

Engines with oil related problems are almost always ones that were severely neglected. If you're changing your oil regularly (3-5 K miles), and using oil that meets a recent specification (GF-3 or 4), then even cheap store-brand conventional oil will keep an engine squeaky clean almost indefinitely.
Cleverly Disguised as a Responsible Adult
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

you cant really see this one but its pointing striaght down towards the little notch

ok well after driving my car for a while i think something isnt right.. it feels like i lost alot of power so i posted pictures to see what you think
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

no one know if this is right?
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

can't really see the second pic to judge but the first one is perficltly alligned.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

ill see about getting a better picture
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

OK i finally found the right pictures of what i needed.. and its correct so what could be making the car feel like its less power after changing the timing belt?

BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

You sure that you have the belt tensioned up correctly?

I don't know if that would even change anything. Also, wasn't your car not driven for a long time? That might have something to do with it.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

the lost power could be something un related to the belt job and as long as the timing is correct then it has nothing to do with it.

only thing left is the tensioner... check it anyways and if it is OK then you have to search elsware.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

the tensioner is about 2mm away from the little mark thing it is suposed to be at