Interchangable Throttle Bodies between Daewoo Cars

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

AcingTeam
Expert

Interchangable Throttle Bodies between Daewoo Cars

Post by AcingTeam »

Hey guys,

Does anyone know for sure if Leganza/Nubira/Lanos Throttle Bodies are interchangable? If I was to get a Nubira larger Throttle Body for my Lanos, would it be a direct bolt-on?

Thanks
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

from what other people were saying the nubby t/b will work but you'll need to tweak it a bit. i remember them talking about something with the bolts need to be tweaked and maybe the gastket.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

lanos2001 wrote:from what other people were saying the nubby t/b will work but you'll need to tweak it a bit. i remember them talking about something with the bolts need to be tweaked and maybe the gastket.

nick
Yes I remember that, I just want to know for sure what needs to be done before I buy it.
-=Exiled=- Chris

Post by -=Exiled=- Chris »

ive personaly compared teh nubira and the lanos and they are totly different in shape and bolt pattern. you could make it work, but it would require some sort of adaptor, which would push the TB too far to the side of the strut tower to be able to fit an intake in without doing a 90 degree bend which would hinder flow too much to make the larger diameter effective
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i have seen many pics for lanoses with nubbi TBs and i saw no adaptor... is it my eyes or is the two TBs a direct swap?? you are right about the 90 degree bend though.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
-=Exiled=- Chris

depends on what cars your talking about, im talking about the USA versions of the lanos and nubira, in the US the lanos has a 1.6 DOHC, the nubira has a 2.0 DOHC, the nubira's TB is mounted directly north of the engine, in the middle, it makes a 90 degree bend towards the passengers side, then goes down from there, the bolt pattern on it is a straight square. the lanos is similar to the one in the picture and its bolt pattern if more of a trapeziod.

i have studied on these resemblences many years ago when daewoo was still in business, i had the dealer pull up several key parts to my research and compare them, i had them compare the TB gaskets as well as the head gaskets to see if there were any type of matches that i coudl extort on to make a frankenstien daewoo but alas there was not, the differences in both of the US versions are too great to waste time and money on making a frankenstien motor.

as for overseas motors sure the nubira comes with a 1.6 motor hince making a swap might be feasable, but if its a 1.6 then that would make the throttle body on it the same or if not similar to the lanos 1.6 which would make no sense to try to swap them, i would rather bore out the throttle body like ive done to both my and my friends lanos dont forget to polish it down to a shine or if you want that spinning effect make some grooves in the TB that align with the direction of flow of the VGIS intake system.
-=Exiled=- Chris

oh yeah and the green Club Master engine you show there is a korean engine that guys from intimidator and club lanos use, who knows whats in that engine, theyre engines range anywhere from 1.8 up to like 2.5 so anything in that picture would be something to study on, but dont get your hopes up on anything in that pic bieng avial unless you got hookups
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

HUMMMM... seems you did way more research on this than me :)

well... if we are talking engines then i found out that the 1.5 and 1.6 TBs are the same, the 2.0 is bigger and from the pics i posted i saw the 2.0 TB just bolted on the intake with no apparent mods or so.

the real concern about this swap (it was rased on other post concerning the same subject) that the port on the intake is still small so you got a bigger TB but still the intake itself is restricted... people suggested that to make a successful swap you have to bore the intake too but i am not really sure if that can be done easly (taking into consideration that the TB's are supposed to be a direct swap).

anyways all the feedback from you is really valuable.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

The TB's should be interchangeable,

From what i've seen yes, there's a slighty difference in one bolt on the 1.6 DOHC intake... but the other 3 should match the 1.6 dohc intake :wink:

if my memory is still good the only bolt pattern that's different on the 1.6 dohc its the upper one near the firewall.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
-=Exiled=- Chris

this is the american 1.6 lanos throttle body
http://www.daewootech.net/temp/DCP_1700.JPG

this is the american 2.0 nubira http://www.daewootech.net/temp/IM001529%20(Medium).JPG

i have a scan of both of thier bolt patterns for the american versions, and the american versions cannot be swapped. ill have to look for that scan

non american version are a different story

however as for overseas versions i dunno, ive been reviewing different pics from korea and the 1.6 shows the same bolt pattern as the nubira in america as shown here http://www.daewootech.net/temp/1_6dohc2%20(Medium).jpg

as you can see on that pic the TB bolt patterng on that one is square.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

If you have a good eye on this pic:

It's clear that it has a bigger TB than the standard 1.6, also it has 2 bolts holding it. so IT'S a nubira TB.

You can also see it here:

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/album_p ... pic_id=759

Only one bolt holds that side of the nubira TB

It doenst matter if the 4 bolt pattern is different... if 3 or just 2 match, it can be swaped. And for those pics i see is obvious that it can de done.

BTW i dont think there's such American/Euro/Korean spec TB. They're all the same, by the looks of it, that 1.6 dohc TB looks exactly like the one i had on my 1.5 sohc, wich it was swaped from a 1.5 dohc. :wink:
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

I knew i had a pic somewhere :wink:

This is my old 1.5 dohc TB i had on my 1.5 sohc :)

-=Exiled=- Chris

i still dont see how they can be a direct swap?

yes i see that the 1.5 matches to a similar shape than than the 2.0 but did you not see the shape and bolt pattern on the 1.6?

this 1.6

when i lined up the air hole with the bolt holes of both gaskets neither the intake hole nor the bolt holes seemed to match up. yeah you could stick it on there, but what about all the rest of the associated parts, you cant stick a square in a circle hole if you know what i mean, thats where im getting confused. im going to look for those scans of the gaskets, because now this is bugging me, i know i searched for this possibility before and knew it wasnt possible without a adaptor