Carbon fibre hoods

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Carbon fibre hoods

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I have someone who wants to do a professional vacume molded Carbon fibre hood for the Daewoo Lanos.

I'm supposed to give him my hood for a couple of days... haven't set a time yet.

I had a number of guys on the daewootuner forum very interested but unfortunatly that site is now dead so I need to find another group of people interested.

The hoods will be made in Canada so the pricing should be very resonable.... can't give an exact quote as of yet, I just wanted to feel out the crowd on this site.

If your interested please post what you would feel would be a fair price in $US and we will see what we can do.
mattman702
Junior

!~~

Post by mattman702 »

I have a 1999 leganza and i would donate my hood for a few days for a free hood!!! lol
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I have a feeling you are a little too far away....unless you felt like driving for about 24 hours straight north to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Thanks for the offer... too bad there is about 1500 miles between us.
mattman702
Junior

!~~~

Post by mattman702 »

ill ship it!! lol i have 2 cars!!! ill just park my woo in the garage!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

If your that interested you should talk to GsiTurbo (he's a member here)

He's the one that wants to go ahead with getting some hoods made up.

You should be able to find him in the member list and send him some email....he's on the top of page two.
mattman702
Junior

Post by mattman702 »

thanks man!!! do you think he will go for it?
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

im up for a hood but im poor right now so tell me what you think would be a good price. hood scope or no?
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Actually if I were to get a CF hood, I'd want one with the Turbo Vents since that seems to be the direction that most of us are going to. A tip about taking care of CF hoods. ALWAYS put insulation under the hood. The high engine temps will cause the CF hood to become cloudy, unless you're like me and would just paint it (don't really like CF hoods on any color car except a black one).
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

intresting.... i can donate mine.... BUT the same problem 2 far away
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Goldenboy
Super

Post by Goldenboy »

Erfinder, I will be putting my car in piece during the winter. I would have no problem sending you my hood. Contact me via e-mail if something can be done cuse we are not that far.

Mat :D
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Goldenboy....long time since I've heard from you....good to see you on here.

I dunno man.... Quebec (Montreal) to Alberta (Edmonton) is a 32 hour drive !!!

Believe it or not Mexico is closer to me than Quebec.... we once drove down to Las Vegas in about 23 1/2 hours.

Needless to say I have heavy shipments coming back and fourth from Ottawa each week and the freight is a killer even by ground transport.

As well I've shipped stuff out your way (portable darkrooms) and they allways end up damaged because some idiot top loads freight on top of our stuff (even though we specify no top loading)

Needless to say I would bet you large sums of money it would be impossible to get your hood here without dints or scratches unless you drove it out here.

Thanks for the offer.... I hope this whole hood thing goes through.... so far there doesn't seem to be all that much interest in the CF hoods on this forum. ( I wish all the daewootuner forum guys were on here )
mattman702
Junior

Post by mattman702 »

dude !!! ilive in las vegas ,NV I would donate my hood !!! i have a 99/leganza
DarkLiquidDragon

Post by DarkLiquidDragon »

Hey, I'm definately interested in a cf hood. If they were made, I would definately buy one! :) MAKE THEM MAKE THEM MAKE THEM :D

Robert
Goldenboy
Super

Post by Goldenboy »

THe thing is that my oncle works for the CN. He's one of the big shot there. I'm sure it won't be a problem for me to go there and meet you by train. Anyway it's been a long time I wanna cross the contry to vancouvert that way. Or I can just send it to you whitout going. THe thing I like is that we got no )(&$$#&? borders lol. Add bad experience in the past.

Mat 8)
gecko

Post by gecko »

I live in Montreal, and i have a 99 Nubira...I would definately be interested in a cf hood for my Woo....lemme know if you have any other options as far as the hood and/or anything else you may know of when it comes to the 99 Nubira...thanks!