BS check

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

CHNDROSE
Junior

BS check

Post by CHNDROSE »

Received this one in my mailbox a moment ago. I thought it was another joke type site but apparently it is not. Just thought I would check with the local gurus here. Having used acetone for removing professionally done nails (as in on my fingers), I would be very wary of adding it to my car.

http://pesn.com/2005/03/17/6900069_Acetone/

Rose
Light without shadow is blindness.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Hrm ... seems like it would attack and ruin seals, bushings and any other type of plastic soluable it makes contacts with. Then, not only the seals melt, but you have all that melted rubber going into the engine to stuck to everything and make bad deposits.

Just my 10 cents on that. ( lol .. thats 2 in binary)

Cliff
CHNDROSE
Junior

Post by CHNDROSE »

My thinking was also along the lines of, and I know that some guys would not know this, but when using it to clean off nail polish it seems to evaporate kind of quickly. Now I am way rusty on doing chemical combinations and the breakdowns so my reasoning based on evaporation is probably flawed. Plus, who the heck knows everything that goes into gasoline today?

Rose
Light without shadow is blindness.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Well, just to warn anyone interested in trying this: do not get acetone on your skin.
It is absorbed directly and VERY quickly through your skin, goes directly into the blood stream and attacks the liver. Many times stronger than alcohol form drinking beer or hard alcoholic drinks, acetone can very rapidly cause serosis of the liver (I don't think I spelled that correctly).

Anyway, it is bad stuff and you should keep it away from your skin.

Cliff