New Head Unit Recommendations. Help!

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

BosnianLanos
Expert

New Head Unit Recommendations. Help!

Post by BosnianLanos »

I was thinking of the Panasonic CQ-C3301U MP3 Player for my Lanos, as the old head unit doesn't mix well with aftermarket speakers. http://www.cardomain.com/item/PANCQC3301U?vq_id=none

With 18W RMS Power and 50W peak power it seems fairly good with power for the cost. Or do you guys think it is too weak?(I'm completley f*cking clueless when it comes to audio, never took the time to learn.) It has a remote, XM sattelite radio ready, cd changer ready, and it looks ok. Matches my interior.

I was going to buy the Blaupunkt Casablanca CD52 with was a lot better and more powerful, but I guess someone bought it out from under me on Cardomain. http://www.cardomain.com/item/BLACASACD52

BTW: What is the power in the stock Daewoo CD player

Do you guys have any reccomendations for a reasonable price (up to $140)? I'm not too cheap, but I think audio is important in my house, not my car. :wink:
kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

hey man if I were you I go with the Panasonic deck.

But the most powerful head unit on the market for me is Pioneer.
I like Pioneer, but now I have a clarion DVD deck, cuase the Pioneer dvd deck are way to expensive.

The total peak power must be 50W x 4 or more(clarion has 53W x 4), and the total RMS must be 22W x 4.
Or as the Panasonic has is 18w x 4 that's not too bad either.

If you have stock speakers I recommend you to change them if not your gonna blow them up.

Hope this helps.
T18SED Engine.

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

The Blaupunkt HU's used to be great, but over the past 5 or 6 years, they have really gone down in quality. Lots of returns and units breaking.

Panasonic, on the other hand, has been getting better each year.
The SQ and overall build quality has done nothing but imporve.

Also, ignore peak wattage; it is not even worth looking at. Find out what the wattate in RMS is and only pay attention to that.

If it is higher wattage you are interested in, skip the internal amplifiers and use external.

Cliff
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

... I like keenwood decks
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
robsarj

Post by robsarj »

I would go with Pioneer, they got great decks, i have the Pioneer DEH-P8MP (Below), it does every...the only thing it lacks the the ability to play DVDs....along with my JBL speakers it sounds GREAT! and yea you gotta change your stock speakers if you want some real good sound, i think there only like 15watts anywayz, and thats max
"Just Doo The Woo"
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Thanks for the replys. I have already changed the stock speakers. The heat and humidity totally shot the membranes of the stock ones, so I swapped them out for a totally new set. Now the aftermarket ones sound like crap with the stock CD player. I guess I'll go with Panasonic, as it seems good for a good price. Then I'll sell my stock CD player on Ebay.
andy11

Post by andy11 »

I just purchased a Panasonic CQ-C5310. Excellent deck! It's a huge improvement over my JVC. Only complaint I have is it has a hard time reading scratched or dirty cd's. Other than that, it has great sound quality, it's easy to use, and looks grea!