Leganza CDX 2001

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Merocks

Leganza CDX 2001

Post by Merocks »

Hello Everyone
newbie here..Im Mer from New Jersey, currently in North Carolina..Almost done with my payments for my Leggy...41,000 miles and now that im almost done paying it off, Im ready to reinvent..or at least hook it up real proper like...Let me just say, this website is awesome..and everyone is commendable for just talking about cars and ready to give a helping hand..I'm a novice and will be asking alot of questions..I hope I dont become too annoying....first thing I gotta comment on is how many haters there are out there...Everyone that I tell I have a Daewoo Leganza either laughs at me or scratches their head, then they step in the car and the universal response:"This is a nice car..."
Schmucks...This car is the shiznit-snapola...I love it!!! Ok enough venting..The first thing Im doing to look is drop it and throw some feet on it...I love the way VW and BMW sit their cars with hardly any space between the well and the tire..Do you guys think its possibkle to drop 2 inches and put on some 18s? Will there be rubbing? Am I better off with 17s?..Do you recommend Intrax lowering springs? Any tips would be appreciated..I see that people are getting sport grilles and headlight covers, but the question is can we get any bodykits for the Leggy...Hdk Autosports is shady...Zefiro.com is not responding to my emails....I am looking to get some side skirts, and am wondering if I can get a universal one if anything...
robsarj

'99 leganza...wanna do the same thing

Post by robsarj »

I'm lookin to do the exact same things you are to mine, lowering and rims and possibly a bodykit...lookin forward to hearin the responses..maybe Tom @ 360 can do something for us...
"Just Doo The Woo"
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Talk to asam about lowering & wheels. He has lowered his Leganza and has 18's installed.

As for body kits, they are available, but actually tracking them down, and then trying to get the companies that sell them to respond seems to be one of the biggest problems.
If and when the respond, the people who actually get kits get them installed and are happy with the end result. Kits may or may not be exact fit depending on the quality of construction of the parts themselves.

There are several options for lowering spring, shocks, struts and wheels available.

As recomended by robsarj, talk to Tom who who posts on here 360Dynamics and owns a GM-Daewoo store at http://www.360dynamics.ca

Oh yeah ... welcome to the forum and don't forget to read the post for new members in the General section: http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=985
It is full of a lot of very useful information.

Glad to have you as a new member here. :)

Cliff
CHNDROSE
Junior

Post by CHNDROSE »

Oh my another one from Jersey in NC. :P

This site is nice as I am another newbie who has had a few questions and will have a million more once I can afford to start working on my baby.

Rose
Light without shadow is blindness.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

NC, eh? You're just south of me.

*IF* we can get people to attend, you'll have to come to the 2005 East Coast Daewoo meet.

I'm still mad at everyone who didn't show up for the 2004 meet. :evil: :P

Cliff
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:I'm still mad at everyone who didn't show up for the 2004 meet. :evil: :P

Cliff
Wasn't it cancelled???? Because that would explain why people didn't show up. And we definately should set up a new meet somewhere in MA/CT/NY/NJ area.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Yes, because at the last minute everyone said they werent going to show up, it was canceled.

I could not go because at the last minute I had to drive down to Florida (13 hrs each way) because my grandfather went into the hospital.

Cliff
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

You guys should all just drive it Arizona where im at! :lol:
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

qwhat about a west coast daewoo meetup? I am in the bay area, and I love seeing what other people have done to there cars to mod them, I am in the process of ripping out all of the interior and doing what goldenboy did in the gallery with the silver blue interior thing. I can't wait to get it done and post some pics, but it probably wont be for antoehr month or so, damn money!

Peace
Timmay

ps BTW WElcome to the forum!
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Welcome aboard for all the newbies :)

and to all the guys discussing the daewoo meet... you are way off topic (no offence) :wink:

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

mmamdouh wrote:Welcome aboard for all the newbies :)

and to all the guys discussing the daewoo meet... you are way off topic (no offence) :wink:

MMamdouh
You're right. I got off topic and I should know better than to do that.

Sorry everyone.

Cliff
angel

a meet sounds fun

Post by angel »

hi everyone a meet sounds cool too bad im in florida (pensacola ) iw ould go if it were in a decent drivable time frame i mean i just drove back from mass. a week ago (not in daewoo needs tires) any ideas i would go :D bye
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

Yeah I have put on the 18's....

But if you have any questions about the Leganza, I can probably answer them. (Or ask OZ or Mmamdouh)

And for the West Coast meet....I'm all in....I should be around mid. to so. Cal all summer.
Stay in control with Hankook's weather...or not technology.