2000 lanos sport CEL codes, need help

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewoolanos 2000 sport

2000 lanos sport CEL codes, need help

Post by daewoolanos 2000 sport »

my mechanic said my ECU is gone, and i need a new one. i just want to make sure shes not BS'in me. my main car with the leganza swap is fine, but i picked up another 2k lanos sport for 800$!! nothing wrong with it cept the CEL. the codes im getting are:

p0113 which is explained as
IAT sensor 1
Circut high input

and

p1627 which is explained as
Manufacturer contrl.
Aux. inputs
Aux outputs

any idea if the 2nd one is the 'dead' ecu?

if the ECU is dead, does anyone here have a good one theyll guarantee and sell to me? i can paypal tonight if need be
my woo can spank your woo!
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i'm not sure what the code means but if its the ecu thats out your cheapest bet would be a junk yard. i know mine went out on me before and it just killed my car completely. they wanted $700 from the dealership and it was on back order meaning it could take a week or year. i bought one from a local junk yard (the only one with a lanos in oklahoma) for like $100. then i took it over there and they said there are only three compatible ecu's and it was the wrong one. but they found one from out of state and got it for me. if you get the model numbers that are compatible just shop around at local ones. if you can't get one that way pm me and i'll see what the junk yard here can get and i'll give you their info to get a hold of them.

hope you get it figured out man.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
daewoolanos 2000 sport

i have total faith in my mechanic. she rebuilt my 1.61L engine, made it sound NEW before i did my swap. i was so sad when i sold it :( ive been lookin around here, but am having little luck. the daewoo dealership here wants 700$ like you stated for a new ECU. seeing that i dont have a phone book, ive been searching the net for junk yards. i live in san antonio texas, and would appreciate any help ANYONE can give me. like i said, this is for a 2k lanos sport, only mods i have done are a custom CAI, bigger wires, magnaflow exhaust, shaved heads and 2.25" exhaust piping, with the pre-cat removed. this CEL is KILLING my gas mileage, as i only get about 20-25mph highway since the CEL threw itself. thankfully, i have my primary woo that still gets 35+ to use as my daily driver. my chick wanted a woo like mine so i bouht a second, but this shits pissin me off.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

well just get those model number for me that are compatible and i'll see what i can do when i get back from vacation. which will be next friday if you can wait.

nick

daewoolanos 2000 sport

will do, ill look it up monday and get back to you then. if i have a replacement by then ill let you know. also, would an ECU from an AT 2000 lanos sport be compatible with a 2000 lanos sport MT?
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

probably not since the two woo's here at the junkyard were A/T and mines a M/T and they both didn't work. but i'm not for sure. hell if you have long distance on like a cell phone i can give you the number now and you can see if they have the right ones when you get the model numbers.

nick

daewoolanos 2000 sport

sure do, all i have is a cell, i hate land lines. shoot me the # please :D
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

the name of the place is Checker Auto Wrecker. the number is 580-355-7675.

ask for Elaine if she's there tell her that Nick with the Lanos told you to call. she might give you a discount like she did me. 8) like i said though if they don't have it then they can probably find one for probably a little more for extra shipping.

nick

ps. oh and if she's not there don't bother mentioning my name b/c no one else there know me.

daewoolanos 2000 sport

no worries mate, thanks for the heads up. i appreciate it lots! :D
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

no problem man.

nick

AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

I thought they didn't make sport models in 2000??
daewoolanos 2000 sport

my VIN comes up as a 2000 lanos sport, and i even still have the ghey SPORT decal on the sides of the car :D
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

daewoolanos 2000 sport wrote:my VIN comes up as a 2000 lanos sport, and i even still have the ghey SPORT decal on the sides of the car :D
Do you also have leather interior and a sport body kit?
daewoolanos 2000 sport

yep, and alloy wheels and ABS
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

daewoolanos 2000 sport wrote:yep, and alloy wheels and ABS
My sport model didn't come with ABS...