aftermarket parts for aireo, forenza, and reno

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kinkyllama
Expert

aftermarket parts for aireo, forenza, and reno

Post by kinkyllama »

Heres what someone posted in the suzuki-forums forum.

"When I bought my first Forenza I inquired at the parts department about bolt on goodies and they said they didn't expect any thing for a couple of years. Then i read an article about the release "SUZUKI WORKS TECHNO" USA, naturaly I gave a call to the parts department and the story was confirmed. The article said it was just a body kit and carbon fiber b-pillar faces.
HERE IS THE GOOD NEWS, Suzuki is taping it's racing tech to put out a full tuner line for the Aireo, Forenza, and Reno with talk of even a turbo coming in mid 06. Here is what they said would be available soon...

body kit with tail and carbon fiber upgrades painted to match for $1000

performance chip 25 hp gain.

RAM AIR yes kiddies RAM AIR FORENZAS will be a reality in 05

exhaust upgrades (where you get the big ponies)

Steering, suspension, and brake upgrades( a sport ride Forenza, the interstate will never be the same

and last but not least enkei wheels, not unilug, Suzuki pattern

so it seems as of feb 05 there will be no more scrounging woo parts from Korea, I will go right down to the dealership. "
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

performance chip 25hp gain... yeah right.
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

Do you know where he got this information from?
12w0

Post by 12w0 »

i think he meant 2.5 hp gain... but i could be wrong
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

AcingTeam wrote:performance chip 25hp gain... yeah right.
You never know.. suzuki could have purposly made it like that so they could come out with the chip and give you good gain... but then agian im talking out of my ass :wink:
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

AcingTeam wrote:performance chip 25hp gain... yeah right.

If you change the fuel maps and such 25 hp is a very possible gain... my dad's Ford F450 turbo diesel i did a plug in ECU Flash and it gave him about 76 new horsies from a fuel map reflash
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

actaully the best way to get the most bang for your buck is to get a new or reprogramed chip
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

yea but usually costs ALOT more... i think.

RRM Turbo Kit
Some other goodies.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

well if you think about it.. you can pay

1...3000 USD for a turbo kit that makes about 100hp = 30$ per HP
2...250 USD for a chip that makes about 25 hp = 10$ per HP

i dont know the price for the chip but i remember seeing some somewhere for around that price, but they also can make alot more hp then that
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

but if Suzuki does it doesn't it maintain the warranty then?

RRM Turbo Kit
Some other goodies.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I've heard 25hp in a number of places.... which should be possible with this engine.

The Opel C20XE 2.0L makes 150hp from factory (or was is 151hp??)

This engine has higher compression pistons but it's certainly not tuned for power.... like every company out there they tune for reliability, fuel economy, smooth response and lastly power.

You have to remember that companies like GM get charged extra for cars that aren't fuel efficent...... which is the reason they allways make manual transmission models.

So better emissions and fuel economy means GM saves cash when bringing the car to market.

I've heard from a few different sources that GM would make all their cars with automatic transmissions if they could get away with it.

Having two different transmission plants making components for a single engine costs them hundreds of millions of dollars each year.

This is also why Direct Shift transmissions will mean the end of both manual and automatic transmissions.

I bet that within 10 years all cars will have the direct shift transmissions and the only way to get a manual will be via aftermarket.

For those who don't know.... a direct shift transmission is a new design which uses two clutches.

It's basicly two computer controlled manual tranmissions in one unit.

When you shift from first to second the clutch that is attached to the 1st gear starts to disengage as the clutch attached to the 2nd gear engages.

The result is in almost zero shift time.... these transmissions shift faster than the fastest manual tranny.... and the transition is very smooth.

So 1st, 3rd, 5th are all on one shaft with one clutch section and 2nd, 4th, 6th are all on the other shaft with another clutch section.

These transmissions are controlled automaticly via a shifter or they can be operated by paddle shifters..... no clutch.... no gear box lever to shift.

Audi / Volkswagen came up with the technology and they are busy designing trannies for other companies at the moment.

I made a post about this technology in the transmission section a while back if anyone wants to learn more about the future of transmission technology
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

will you still have the H pattern... or will it be a six speed just pop it in "D"? If it is the second one... a very dim day for us That love the Thrill of slammin it in gear.

RRM Turbo Kit
Some other goodies.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

if you do the research on that new transmission DST (direct shift trany) aka DCT (double clutch trany) it would make way way faster 1/4 mile times.. i dont remember the exact time but it can change gears so fast and use the power so well that i agree with Chris in that it will be the transmission of the future..

i only have one question.. WHERE CAN I GET ONE :twisted: :twisted:
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

I understand it would shave a second or 2 off 1/4 mile times... but if it takes the throw out of shifting... i'd miss my old 5-spd too much... nothing like the thrill of poppin the clutch in and and jammin in 3rd to pass a guy who gives you no credit...

Just the feel of you becoming part of the car... i'd miss that too much.

RRM Turbo Kit
Some other goodies.
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

the new gearboxes would be heavier which isnt a good thing. Personally i like shift kitted autos with high stall converters. The new engine/gearbox combo in my commodore spins the reaer wheels when it hits 2nd at just 3500 rpm, and gets very out of shape when you shift it at 5000 (its an auto). The motor is good for 7000rpm which is alot of revs for a V8
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."