MY DAEWOO LANOS ON 17's - WITH HARDLY ANY RUBBING!

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

UK_REZ_ESSEXRACERS.COM
Junior

MY DAEWOO LANOS ON 17's - WITH HARDLY ANY RUBBING!

Post by UK_REZ_ESSEXRACERS.COM »

ok, after reading this forum, it was said to me that 17s wont fit without substantual arch/fender work.

well, who ever said that was wrong! i got 205/40/17 without any spacers, and no arch work, and they fit fine. i have also got a full install in the boot, with 3 amps, false floor, sound deadening, and a huge 15in sub. and still no rubbing unless i have a person in the rear, and go over a large bump at heigh speeds.

heres what it looks like...

its going to be lowered at least 60mm, just gota find a lowering kit.
for uk street racing, check www.essexracers.com
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

Try Eibach.
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

well, who ever said that was wrong! i got 205/40/17 without any spacers, and no arch work, and they fit fine. i have also got a full install in the boot, with 3 amps, false floor, sound deadening, and a huge 15in sub. and still no rubbing unless i have a person in the rear, and go over a large bump at heigh speeds.
well thats the problem is when you have someone in the back seat or a full tank with two people in the car. so we weren't wrong. i've rubbed plenty of times. i'm not sure if the roads where you are are really flat but where i'm at the roads suck with bumps and dips everywhere.

anyways though i do like your rims man. what kind are they?

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
Efratech
Admin

Re: MY DAEWOO LANOS ON 17's - WITH HARDLY ANY RUBBING!

Post by Efratech »

UK_REZ_ESSEXRACERS.COM wrote: its going to be lowered at least 60mm, just gota find a lowering kit.
The Astra MK2 shares the same suspension, so it will be easy for you to find that kit 8)

BTW the cars looks very good :)

Efrain.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
UK_REZ_ESSEXRACERS.COM
Junior

cheers guys, well, im looking for parts, might just get a few minor, suttle mods.

was think about a front and rear spliter, tints, and them different fog light cover thingy's. thats about it really.

the wheels.

they are 17in DEZENT rims, they are a cheap rim, cost me ?380 with toyo proxie tyres (very good) and 4 sets of locking nuts.

thats actully really cheap, i was quoted around 600-700 for a budget brand, with budget tyres. i was going to get these, but they just didnt look right...

and they were loads more exspensive.
UK_REZ_ESSEXRACERS.COM
Junior

oh, wasnt sure what car to get the suspension from...is it the same for other things, like strut brace etc. if anyone has any info, would be great, as i want to get the car lowered, considerably, and get the handling done proper.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Lower it this much... it'd be sick:

AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

UK_REZ_ESSEXRACERS.COM wrote:oh, wasnt sure what car to get the suspension from...is it the same for other things, like strut brace etc. if anyone has any info, would be great, as i want to get the car lowered, considerably, and get the handling done proper.
You can choose anything from: Eibach, B&M, H&R... etc for Lanos specifically. Eibach lowers 1.2" , B&M lowers 1.7", and H&R lowers 1.4".
UK_REZ_ESSEXRACERS.COM
Junior

AcingTeam wrote:Lower it this much... it'd be sick:

thats the kinda look i would love to have...but its not practical. im guna finish my boot build off, probably 2 x L7 kickers (very heavy) and go from there, may end up with just 40mm, but 60 would be nice, always liked the look of the rims in the arches...makes them look soooo big. cheers guys, guna take a look for parts.