Lanos aftermarket lug-bolt question :?:

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

AcingTeam
Expert

Lanos aftermarket lug-bolt question :?:

Post by AcingTeam »

Hey,
For those of you guys that have aftermarket wheels, what kind of lug-bolts do you guys use? Stock ones?
Thanks,
Igor
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i used after market ones. studs that screw into the hub then you screw on the lug. but i'm pretty sure its not the best thing to do. they come loose a lot. i check my lugs every two weeks or so. and i've had to replace a hub b/c of one of the rims tried to fall off while i was driving. i stopped and only one stud was holding it. kepp in mind that stud didn't have a lug. :shock: i think a couple of rotations and my woo wouldn't be here today.

but any ways it just depends on your rim if it calls for tuner lugs or not. i plan on getting new rims later on to use the factory ones again. i think the only ones that can use them though are the ones that have a center cap hiding the lugs like most chrome ones. but i want to find something like i have already.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

hey Nick,
You're probably going to need to buy new hubs. Doing that conversion usually rounds them out to the point where you can't thread a lug bolt into them.

As for which to get, I got a set of gorrilla ones. I don't know the part number but I can get you the specs on monday or tuesday. They're on my computer at work.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

daewooluvr wrote: As for which to get, I got a set of gorrilla ones. I don't know the part number but I can get you the specs on monday or tuesday. They're on my computer at work.
thanks ;)
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

yeah i'd like the specs too. i wanns see the difference. well since i've tightened the regularly i haven't had any trouble i've even put my old tires on a few times before with now problem.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.