Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

what about the Aveo?
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Brian5475E wrote:what about the Aveo?
With the coil packs being different it's hard to say unless they test it on one..
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

im not 100% but i think it will work with it, i think it still sends the same type of signal.. i think it will work with all the daewoo opel engines

wont know until we test. i will do as soon as i get it in
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

Keep us posted :)

Post by kinkyllama »

Are you going to test it on the forenza?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

knowing how this driver box works im sure that it will work with most cars with the DIS ignition, but we will do what we can to help you guys out
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Tom (360 Dynamics) says we should put one on my Optra 5.

The coil packs are identical for the Lanos, Nubira, Leganza, Aveo, Forenza/Optra/Nubira III, Reno/Optra 5/Lacetti so this driver should work for all these cars.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Someone said they got an Aveo coil pack and it's different than the Daewoo ones.

*edit: here is the post
http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... =coil+pack
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

hmmm im wondering if its just a different disign or if its actually differnt coil setup

if it still has 4 wires leading into the coil pack then its most likely the same setup,

anyone that has an aveo let me know please 4 wires or 3 wires??
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

daewooluvr wrote:Someone said they got an Aveo coil pack and it's different than the Daewoo ones.
It looked identical to me but I didn't look at the connector.

The connector won't matter anyways.... it won't be used.... I will send another "crimp on" connector to make the ECU signal to the MSD Driver.

Ideally you will just have to clip the wires about 1" down from the connector.... follow the instructions on where to place each wire and then simply push the new connector together with some pliers.

It's very easy and should take about 30 seconds.

Then if you want to put the old connector back on you simply crimp on the opposite connector onto your 1" long wires and plug the two connectors together.

I should be able to provide an extra connector in each kit in case you need to put it back to stock.

I will post installation instructions on the web once I'm finished.

Hopefully I will get some time Tommorow night to work on the driver... the last few nights have been busy and I spent the weekend away at a wedding about 2 hours south of where I live.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Sorry guys.... I haven't got the driver together yet..... I need to redesign the circuit board slightly..... hopefully I will get started on it tommorow morning.... and hopefully I will have it ready for production by next weekend.
damian007vk
Super

any progress

Post by damian007vk »

any progress with the drivers for the dis-2???? even more importantly, you guys have a ballpark figure of cost....thanks
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

WooHoo wrote:after calculating cost and time we feel that for the board members that have been waiting for these driver boxes will get a price of $50 + shipping to your location, there is only going to be a limited number at this price
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Yeah, I was the one who posted that the Aveo coil didn't fit...because it didn't.

The exterior is identical and even has the DAC inscription on the part. I saw it on an Aveo at the car show and automatically assumed that it fit. Some members told me that it did.

The coils are identical in every aspect (mounts, size, weight, spark plug order) except for one thing. The Lanos has 4 wires (4 pin connector) and the Aveo has 3 wires (3 pin connector). They are in no way interchangeable. The pins are named like A B C D on the Lanos and like A B C on the Aveo. (Don't really remember exactly).

Bottom line.

AVEO COIL AND LANOS COIL ARE DIFFERENt

So I don't know if the MSD will work on the Aveo.

Good Luck Though,
Damir.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

The fourth pin on the lanos/nubira coil was useless.... 90% of all coils only have/need three wires.

Basicly you need +12V, ECU Trigger for cylinders 1 & 4 , ECU Trigger for cylinders 2 & 3

The ground contact is usually made through the mounting bracket.

I allways thought it was wierd that the Lanos coil pack had a separate ground line.... considering it's allready grounded via the mounting bracket.

As such I'm not too worried about the problem..... instead of hooking all four wires to the connector you simply run three to the connnector and one to a grounding point on the engine (such as the mount bracket)

I'm going to head outside and look at my Optra coil pack...... ..... .... well it has 3 wires.... pink is most likely +12V and green and blue are the triggers.

I will test this driver on my Optra.... I will get Tom (360 Dynamics) to pick me up all the MSD parts I need.

When I get a chance I will pull out my Oscilliscope and test the ECU signal to make sure it's identical to the Lanos signal.

And again I appoligize for my slowness in putting this together.... I've been really really busy so I rarely have more than a few minutes of spare time.

In fact I'm at work right now.... I'm just taking a break and figured I'd check and see what's going on in the forum..... I've had to stay late and work on stuff all week.... I was here working until 2am on thursday night.

At this point I don't know when I'm going to get to the new driver.... I figured I'd have it all done by now but all I have is a bag full of electronic components at this point.