msd to daewoo driver

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

damian007vk
Super

instead of

Post by damian007vk »

instead of having to go to the junkyard, would this work the same way....it is an msd ford harness so I am assuming it should,,,and it is cheap, and even better, brand new...let us know..thanks again..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=33691
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

i dont know... i dont think that is the same harness, i went to the dodge dealer and got my plug harness from a dodge neon harness set that was taken off by the techs, because it uses the same coils as an eclipse

i just got off work but ill go over how to make it work with out a plug harness, basicly making one
damian007vk
Super

a

Post by damian007vk »

with a plug harness would be best....much cleaner install......the only part I still cant visualize is where the tower-4 coils go installed on....I see you mounted it where the stock coils were, but are they just mounted there are do they plug into something there? so the msd plugs into the tower-4 coils, and then what connects to the actual car's wiring (leading to ecu) is it the msd box or the tower-4 coils??? All i want it to be able to use my magnecor wires without having to modify them, and I dont mind picking up a harness or whatever else I might need from a junkyard or from the web, I just want the easiest cleanest install possible....but I am still a bit confused because we have talked about eclipses, ford, and dodge neon, and I know all of these use dis-2 like the lanos but that is were my understanding ends...but we still need gsi or whomever is going to have these to give us a price...you guys have mentioned a good deal for active daewootech.com forum members, but I kinda need to know in what ballpark we are talking about to see if atleast for me, if it is worth doing or not. My worry is that I dont see this moving on foward to quickly and I fear it is just gonna be one of many projects and parts on the forum which start and then die off......
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

ok here goes nothing

the ECU signal goes into the driver box then is converted into a signal the msd box can use msd box reads the signal and sends it to the coils telling it when to fire

this is a quick connectoin of the new driver box into the lanos coil harness

i dont know if the ford coils are the same boots as the lanso, they look like it to me so i would check into it before buying them, as for mounting them just get some metal and make a bracket from the holes in the block from them stock coils

once again all you need to make this work is

MSD BOX
NEW DRIVER
NEW COILS

and a daewoo/opel motor

i hope this clears things up for you alittle better
damian007vk
Super

awesome

Post by damian007vk »

great dude, thanks for taking the time to explain it in detail and with pics....couple more questions though (sorry), other than the higher spark (joules) are you still able to take advantage of many of the other features the digital dis-2 has to offer like the timing retard and the hole launch, etc...???
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

yep, i played with them all and they all work fine
sayhellotomylittlewoo

Post by sayhellotomylittlewoo »

let us know when its ready .i already have an msd ignition box and retard just waitng on the tech to get it done so that i can finally get rid of this 75 shot.I'm shooting to hit the street with 100 shot before i leave for iraq in jan
Nubira2.2
Expert

question ?

Post by Nubira2.2 »

I want to make the whole upgrade. The MSD the Coils and the driver.
Tell me what i have to buy for my Daewoo Nubira 2.0 98. Of course I will by your driver box. Does the driver box is plug and play ?
damian007vk
Super

what is

Post by damian007vk »

what's the status on this...I had a feeling something like this was gonna happen....project was gonna start dying off.....woohoo and other involved please keep us upto date...thanks..
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

sorry guys... as you can see everyone has been very busy on everything that has been going on.. ill see what i can do to help out on my part and get a few of these things out there
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I've updated the design with some improved components and all that is left is for me to solder on the wires, attach a connector and package it up.

I will then send it to WooHoo to make sure that this new configuration works good... then I will send him a set of 10 for him to sell.

GsiTurbo ( 360 Dynamics ) will also get some but I believe that he would prefer to sell it as a full ignition kit ( MSD, driver, coils, wires ect. ) so that everything is wired up and ready to install. (no assembly required)

This makes it simple as everything will be plug and play.... hopefully :wink: .

First things first.... we have to get the new design tested.... I made it with significantly larger transistors and a few extra "protection" components to ensure that it will have a long life.

The original design that I put together in WooHoo's garage functioned great but the power handling ratings were very close to maximum thanks to the horrible selection at the local Radio Shack.... as such I was worried about it's long term reliability... which is why everything has been upgraded with better components.

Sorry it's taking so long... I've been very busy with engines and projects like the cold air intake.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Erfinder wrote: The original design that I put together in WooHoo's garage functioned great but the power handling ratings were very close to maximum thanks to the horrible selection at the local Radio Shack.... as such I was worried about it's long term reliability...
LOL ... WooHoo, make sure your cell phone is always charged and be ready to call for a ride or walk home when the car sputters to a stop on the side of the road! :lol: :wink: :twisted:

Keep up the great work, guys, and thanks for all your effort!
If a full kit is available in the not-so-distant future, I'll buy one to help support everyone involved.

Best,
Cliff

P.S. Don't you just LOVE Rat Shack's current parts inventory? *sarcasm* :)
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Erfinder wrote:I've updated the design with some improved components and all that is left is for me to solder on the wires, attach a connector and package it up.

I will then send it to WooHoo to make sure that this new configuration works good... then I will send him a set of 10 for him to sell.

GsiTurbo ( 360 Dynamics ) will also get some but I believe that he would prefer to sell it as a full ignition kit ( MSD, driver, coils, wires ect. ) so that everything is wired up and ready to install. (no assembly required)

This makes it simple as everything will be plug and play.... hopefully :wink: .

First things first.... we have to get the new design tested.... I made it with significantly larger transistors and a few extra "protection" components to ensure that it will have a long life.

The original design that I put together in WooHoo's garage functioned great but the power handling ratings were very close to maximum thanks to the horrible selection at the local Radio Shack.... as such I was worried about it's long term reliability... which is why everything has been upgraded with better components.

Sorry it's taking so long... I've been very busy with engines and projects like the cold air intake.
excellent job! We're very fortunate to have someone like you in our group. Any rough estimates on the cost of those of these boxs to us?

Later,
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

after calculating cost and time we feel that for the board members that have been waiting for these driver boxes will get a price of $50 + shipping to your location, there is only going to be a limited number at this price

i dont know when they all will be ready to be shipped out but ill let everyone know how the testing is going and anything else that is needed
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

Is it compatible with all daewoo models? Mi interest is the Nubira 98'