Oil filters

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

silver1

Oil filters

Post by silver1 »

Hi everyone, I have a 2004 optra 5 and am wanting to change my oil and filter for the first time. The car know has 1900km on it. I went to my local auto parts store, (canadian tire) and could not find an oil filter for 2.0L engine. When I asked the kid at the desk for a part # he told me the car was to new and to check the dealer. If someone can guide me in the right direction, thank you.
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

You can use any of the following oil filters:

- 2.0/2.2 Daewoo Nubira or Leganza
- any 2.0 OHC (88-94) 4 cyl engine Pontiac Sunbird (same part number)

Personally, I very much like the FRAM Doubleguard with Teflon, if you are going to shop at Crappy Tire. This is ze filter of choice for my C20GET engine. 98% + single pass efficiency.

FRAM part #: DG3387A

Cheers!

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

That is the same filter I always use.

Using that filter helped me get over 200,000 miles from my 1994 Hyundai Excel before I sold it. At the time of it's sale, the engine still had 120+ pounds compression on all 4 cyllinders.

I have used that filter for several years now, and reccomend it to everyone that asks what they should use.

The filter is a little more expensive, but it is very well worth it.

Cliff
silver1

Post by silver1 »

Thanks guys.
mab57

Post by mab57 »

I just got a 2L nubira with a slight oil leak - Im looking for the oil filter - any help as to where it is?

Thanks
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

If you look behind the front passenger wheel, towards the firewall, you should find it.

Also, if your engine has over 60K miles (100K KM), DO REPLACE YOUR TIMING BELT AND TENSIONER.

Post by mab57 »

Many thanks - i didn't think of looking there! I went into the back of something with a nubira 1.6 a month ago and just got the 2.0 as a replacement car. The oil filter on the 1.6 is at the front, in the middle. The 2.0 is much more zippy than the 1.6 which always seemed underpowered!

My leak is in the front of the engine by the belts I think. I hope it can be sorted relatively cheaply.

Thanks