"choco chip". real deal, no b.s. or jokes

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mrwoo105

"choco chip". real deal, no b.s. or jokes

Post by mrwoo105 »

I have finally got my choco chip. And I must say its a great mod. Bad gas milage but it ddnt take off but 3 or 4 mpg. An thebest news is that I am now making them my pricr is 5$ usa. An if you tell me your average temperature where you live, I can send you the best possible performace chip for your atmosphere. Now on to what will help the chip work even better. A cold air intake and an exaust will reallybring this chip to life in your car. Also with the chip I have put in my car hasn't set off a check engine light. An its been there for about 300 miles. If any of you wish to purchase this chip I will be happy to accept your orders. Just send me a personal message. Happy tuning!
Daniel
Expert

Re: "choco chip". real deal, no b.s. or jokes

Post by Daniel »

That's alot of money for a simple resisitor that cost 2ct!
mrwoo105

Post by mrwoo105 »

Very true. But most can't build it. Second the kit you receive is already assembled and simple for all to install. Your call. I've got chips assembled that range from-100 degrees f. To a mild 32 degrees f.
Nemasys
Junior

Post by Nemasys »

Waste of time imo, those resistors only fool the ecu in thinking the actual air temp is colder then it is so it injects more fuel into the engine, all it does is make your fuel mileage go to crap. I'm pretty sure the ecu eventually compensates so that resistor becomes useless!

If you really want one, anyone can build it, you don't need a fancy schmancy box with a 2 dollar sticker that says "Ultimate Horsepower Super Crazy Racing Chip Stage 3" or something like that, the damn sticker costs more then the actual part that does the job! Just wrap the resistor in electrical tape and you are done.

If you want power, dont cut corners, do it right!

No offence man, but go sell your crap on ebay where 16 year old kids will buy it. I don't think you will find any potencial buyers on this forum.

Just my 2 cents!
2004 Aveo Hatchback 2.0L Turbocharged
- T3/T4 T04E .60 A/R Compressor
- HKS SSQV, OBX Wastegate
- FMIC with 2.5" piping
- Tuned with Megasquirt II v3.57
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

a bit useless trying to sell the "resistor mod" to daewoo owners seeing as the air temp sensor on the majority of daewoos sends a voltage signal rather than a resistance value. strapping a resistor to the ait sensor does sweet fuck all xcept bugger the signal.

this mod does however work on the toyota prius... so jog on and sell it to the hyper miler club.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
mrwoo105

Post by mrwoo105 »

For those of you that don't know how to reverse engineer anything... good luck. You turbo and nos it all you want. But for those of you that do know how to do this you all know its possible to remove the o2 sensors and iat sensors to get performance and still pass emissions tests an no pesky check engine lights in the dash. In my car, I have reprogammed my own ecu and quite honestly I dontneed an iat sensor or o2. Because there not there. But yet no catalitc converter or anything of the sort of emisions. So tune away. For those that want to actualy try a few things different than spray or boost to get performance, message me.

Ps. If you don't like what I have to offer, don't write. Cuz I dont really care to hear from you
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

1- every mod that depends on fooling the ECU is useless

2- this resistance cost 10PT in here... thats some 1.8US cents

3- every body has the right to submit his/her opinion so if you start a topic about the choco chip you have to accept the fact that members of the community will post their opinions and it doesn't necessary have to be positive feedback... this is how our community works... if you don't like it then you should not start any topics.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
RichieOzzie
Junior

Post by RichieOzzie »

Should this be in the classifieds?

One of the main things with the 1.5 is Air getting into the engine, which is pretty common with all improvements. This alone will probably trigger the ECU into increasing fuelling slightly.

Actually, the AIT is a waste of time, and it can be done more effectively by adding another 200 ohms to the coolant temp sensor reading. Tried it with a patch box from Radio shack, but again, I was not completely convinced, as it probably didn't allow the timing optimun advance.

NOX is a good thing in the small dry-shot vials... and soo easy to do, but it can cost!!

The up-shot here is the engine will not fuel any better at higher RPM, but may put fuel in the mid-range. The only draw-back is the fuelling system cannot do this too well. It is a cheap system, and can be much better improved by better basic components... like binning the FPR.... it's crap.

If you are working on such a product, I would be tempted to make one which will adjust to ambient temperatures better than a set piece per aarea. Try hooking a VR in there in a whetstone bridge format.... or the likes.

Good on yer for being industrious, but be careful what you claim the product will do. It usually overheats the CAT convertor too!!. Keep it in the classifieds is my advice.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

garbage
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

mrwoo105 wrote:For those of you that don't know how to reverse engineer anything... good luck. You turbo and nos it all you want. But for those of you that do know how to do this you all know its possible to remove the o2 sensors and iat sensors to get performance and still pass emissions tests an no pesky check engine lights in the dash. In my car, I have reprogammed my own ecu and quite honestly I dontneed an iat sensor or o2. Because there not there. But yet no catalitc converter or anything of the sort of emisions. So tune away. For those that want to actualy try a few things different than spray or boost to get performance, message me.

Ps. If you don't like what I have to offer, don't write. Cuz I dont really care to hear from you
HAHAHAHAHAAAA!! :lol:

idiot. :doubt:

Let's be honest. There is no better way to get decent power gains from an engine than doing some good work on it, whether its head work, engine management or turbo conversions... i fail to see how an "odd" signal from one or two sensors on the engine is gonna make a world of difference.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Rodd1s wrote: i fail to see how an "odd" signal from one or two sensors on the engine is gonna make a world of difference.
it is called.... MAGIC

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267