first woo lanos 01

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mrwoo105

first woo lanos 01

Post by mrwoo105 »

First off let me say, by no means am I new to engines or engine design. I have been around some sort of racing all my life. I'm a long tme vet of building professional race engines for karting, as well as fuelie pro mod kart dragsters. We've been anle to get almost 85 horsepower out a single cylinder engine. My point or theory is this. For a diy person like my self to hand port and polsh to exact tolerences an port dimensions on each cylinder at home with limited tool availability. Like dremals and hand tools basicaly... I believe that it is possible to take this simple fuelie engine to the extreme with very little money. I have already started a good foundation car, my personal 01 lanos dohc 1.6. With the help of a few diehard racing friends we've added an s.r.I., a 2.25" full mandrel bent exhaust with 1 cat., and a flowmaster 60 series muffler 2.25" in and out., no resonater, custom hand made 4-2-1 header with 2.50" collecter. The throttle body has been port polished already an yet no check engine light and it runs perfect! So any other options that any of you can think of would be greatly apreciated...
RichieOzzie
Junior

Re: first woo lanos 01

Post by RichieOzzie »

A decent FPR works well.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

The sky is the limit, this 1.6L engine was develped by Lotus and is capable of 200hp naturally aspirated.

Lotus originally set the engine up for 150hp, but as soon as GM got ahold of it they detuned it down to 106hp.

There is a fairly large aftermarket in the UK/Europe for the 1.6L, kits for conversion to quad throttlebodies, race cams,various compression pistons.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

SBD motorsports in the UK has all kinds of kits and performance parts...

Here is the highest horsepower naturally aspirated 1.6L running a 10,000 RPM redline and 241BHP.

http://www.sbdev.co.uk/Taper%20Kits/New ... 0range.htm
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos