crankshaft pulley bolt

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

thatslife1

crankshaft pulley bolt

Post by thatslife1 »

i have a 2001 1.5 daewoo lanos, manual.(australia) I have to replace the head gasket as i have had to top up oil every few weeks over the last year as it was just using it without leaving any traces as to wear it was going....i noticed white blobs in the oil and a build up of carbon residue in the exhaust manifold with the realization that i have blown the head gasket. I am totally stuffed as to WHY i cant budge the damn crankshaft pulley bolt. I have even resorted to using the 1/2" rattle gun with no success. Has anyone had this trouble as it can only keep going for sooo long and then it will not be going at all.
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME.......AAAggHHHHHHHH.......
Daniel
Expert

Re: crankshaft pulley bolt

Post by Daniel »

Hi,
Very same question on another board ;) .

Very tight blot indeed. Right hand thread. Get a stronger 3/4" impact wrench or use (at your own riks) the crank bolt starter method

Good luck,
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Re: crankshaft pulley bolt

Post by gse_turbo »

I did have this issue with a motor before. you will have to pull the oil pan off to complete the head gasket job (correctly). so what I had to do was, with the oil pan off, use a few large blocks of wood between the crank and the inside of the engine block, the more the better, and wedged the crank tight. that kept the crank from spinning and the impact (rattle) gun got it off, I believe, I may have had to use a giant leverage bar.