my car is shot

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

KnightWalace
Expert

my car is shot

Post by KnightWalace »

well my headgasket blew and so did many other things... they said that the cost alone to repair the car would be up to around $5000..... in that case i was just going to get a new car.... except I Have to find a cheap one.

How much am i looking at selling my woo without an engine?
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
woo
Expert

Re: my car is shot

Post by woo »

buy a C20SED from a wreckers and bolt that in. Should cost less than $5000 and your lanos will go a little faster
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Where are you from and how much do you want for it??
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Erfinder wrote:Where are you from and how much do you want for it??
haha dont you have enough cars :shock:
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Buy a 1992-1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse TSi (92-94 Eagle Talon TSi). 195hp stock, will be less than $5,000 and you will go a LOT faster. Add a few mods, like turbo timer, boost controller, bov, cat-back exhaust... and you will fly with style. Maybe you'll find a direct turbo upgrade replacement.
That's the route I wanted to go if I had sold my lanos for 4k...
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

How about you sell me the car for $500.... I will drop a 16V 2.0L turbo into it and sell it back to you for $5000 :D

Well.... I guess another alternative is to simply have us install a C20GET for a couple thousand.... it would probably run about 200hp at the crank pretty easy....and 250hp isn't out of the question for a few more bucks.

Only problem would of course be the issue of bringing it up here.

If your on the east coast it would cost a pile in gas for me to drive down there and then haul it up here.

Do you have pics of your car??
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

kinkyllama wrote:haha dont you have enough cars :shock:
You can never have too many vehicles or too many engines.

If it weren't for my family bugging me I'd probably have a dozen cars by now. :shock:

I've allways had two vehicles for myself..... one gas guzzling truck and an economy car. (well technically they've been mostly sports cars but compared to my truck they are an economy car)

The one summer I didn't have a second car to drive around I was spending $250 or more on gas each and every month!! ( 9 MPG !!!! )

This summer with the Optra I spend about $50 a month and $50 on my truck (which only gets used for hauling things around)

The insurance on the Optra is another $100 per month so now I'm spending $50 + $50 + $100 = $200

So I save about $50 per month by driving two vehicles..... the Optra is what I drive back and fourth from work and the truck is for weekends.
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

I don't necesarily want to sell it... i just need it fixed somewhat cheap... and no one around here does engines for my lanos... shaun offered but i can't afford his route...

RRM Turbo Kit
Some other goodies.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Where are you located and what is the maximum amount of money you have to spend???
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

I have roughly $600 to spend, and i'm in Nanty Glo Pennsylvania... 15 minutes from Johnstown/Ebensburg and roughly 30 minutes from Altoona.

My guess is that it is the headgasket... but the place i towed it to told me they can look at it and figure where to go... when i towed it there they told me they don't work on engines... so i'm rather pissed.

RRM Turbo Kit
Some other goodies.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

$600 isn't a whole lot to work with but it should be enough if there isn't any major damage to anything.

You started off saying that it was a head gasket and a bunch of other things.... what were the "other things" ??

I just can't imagine how anything in this car could cost $5000

I could replace nearly everything in the car for that price.

The most I could see for a complete low mileage engine is $1000

Perhaps you should consider looking at just replacing the entire engine..... go to Car-part.com.... I'm sure you will see some reasonably priced Lanos engines.
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

My guess is ATLEAST the headgasket.... could be more.... i don't konw... i haven't gotten the head off yet... i gave a mechanic a call and he's going to see whene he can look.

RRM Turbo Kit
Some other goodies.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Erfinder wrote:
kinkyllama wrote:haha dont you have enough cars :shock:
You can never have too many vehicles or too many engines.

If it weren't for my family bugging me I'd probably have a dozen cars by now. :shock:

I've allways had two vehicles for myself..... one gas guzzling truck and an economy car. (well technically they've been mostly sports cars but compared to my truck they are an economy car)

The one summer I didn't have a second car to drive around I was spending $250 or more on gas each and every month!! ( 9 MPG !!!! )

This summer with the Optra I spend about $50 a month and $50 on my truck (which only gets used for hauling things around)

The insurance on the Optra is another $100 per month so now I'm spending $50 + $50 + $100 = $200

So I save about $50 per month by driving two vehicles..... the Optra is what I drive back and fourth from work and the truck is for weekends.
with my forenza i spend $60 a week on gas. . . i need to stop driving so much.

and if i worked full time i'd probably have several cars myself
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

i spend $60 a week on fuel, but in Australia i dont think $60 goes as far. Im just lucky that its mums 60 not mine................. :D :D
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Erfinder wrote:$600 isn't a whole lot to work with but it should be enough if there isn't any major damage to anything.

You started off saying that it was a head gasket and a bunch of other things.... what were the "other things" ??

I just can't imagine how anything in this car could cost $5000

I could replace nearly everything in the car for that price.

The most I could see for a complete low mileage engine is $1000

Perhaps you should consider looking at just replacing the entire engine..... go to Car-part.com.... I'm sure you will see some reasonably priced Lanos engines.
I found him an engine with 4K miles on it for $700 but he doesn't want to spend that much.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com