NEW MEMBER - Crazy Expensive ?

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

jesspetre

NEW MEMBER - Crazy Expensive ?

Post by jesspetre »

Hi, my name is Jess. I am a 22 year old guy from Wisconsin who just aquired a 2000 Daewoo Lanos. I would like to beef it up under the hood as well as do a few cosmetic things. I don't know a thing about cars in general except how to fill up the tank and pop the trunk.

The problem is I hate the car and would love to slowely turn it into something I can be proud of. Is it possoble to do this without knowing what these parts do and have someone else install all of it for me? I guess I just don't want to be taken advantage of like a girl on prom night. I don't even know when to start (transmission, brakes, wheels, ect) so lets see if I can get some feedback. Thanks a lot. :shock:
Jess Petre
jesspetre@hotmail.com

"Are you drunk enough to drive?"
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

Welcome to Daewootech please read this link first

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=985
AcingTeam
Expert

Re: NEW MEMBER - Crazy Expensive ?

Post by AcingTeam »

jesspetre wrote:Hi, my name is Jess. I am a 22 year old guy from Wisconsin who just aquired a 2000 Daewoo Lanos. I would like to beef it up under the hood as well as do a few cosmetic things. I don't know a thing about cars in general except how to fill up the tank and pop the trunk.
Well, the first thing you're going to need to learn is how to pop the hood (if you'd like to beef it up). It's basically almost the same as poping the trunk (which you know), but instead the hood switch is under the steering wheel.... lol just kidding (I was going to take it further, but I'll stop).

Just get an intake, exhaust, choco chip (performance chip), spark plugs/wires, ground wires and you'd be set. Have someone else do the work for you so you don't screw up.
bluesheepbrian
Expert

Post by bluesheepbrian »

Slammed wrote:Welcome to Daewootech please read this link first

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=985
Same here. Welcome. Hope you find the forum useful. Another tip is read all the sticky posts. And most of all have fun, its a Woo :P
2002 Daewoo Lanos HB
www.evo-imports.com
www.myspace.com/bluesheepbrian
"Beating a Honda is like banging a fat chick. Everyone can do it but who wants to brag about it?"