Big ass turbo

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Um....he didn't?

I would feel safer turboing our Lanos engine than the B16, iron over aluminum personally.

Wait, unless someone bought me a Kevlar vest and Bible to drive the Honda with.

No insult to Honda though.

Damir.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

i think hondas are great... for my winter cars, my little crx is about to die so i might help it alittle then look for a new motor for it
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Again, I reiterate, no insult to Hondas at all, they are really good cars. My family has one and it is fun to drive, also it is fairly fast.

But 375 HP in an aluminum block? Now, I'm a newbie when it comes to turbos and PSI and boost and all that, but that makes you wonder.

Also, nobody in their right mind swaps out a 1.6L for a 1.7L. Intake and exhaust would give me as much power as a Honda Engine. It also saves me 14K over all the mods necessary for such a swap. If I'm that damn desperate for power, I'll buy a Mustang or Z28 or such, I can afford it, but I stick to Daewoo.

But again...no insult directed at Hondas.

:) Damir.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Well...

I do respect Honda and what they've done with their 1.6 and 1.8 NA engines...

This Civic belongs to a friend of mine... runs 12.3 at 1/4 mile... with 15" BF Goodrich Drag radials... and guess what? it has 400 WHP!!! from a 1.8, of course it has forged pistons and rods, arp bolts, GT30 Turbo, haltech management and all the goodies...

This is my mechanic 1.6 Civic turbo... its not dynoed yet but for its spec it should be around 330 whp... no 1/4 time yet...

and there's a couple 1.8 that i know around the 300+ WHP built by him...

why dont you do a 2.0 Nubira swap and turbocharge it...?
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
pastor69troy

b16+turbo+woo=big hp

Post by pastor69troy »

i bought a crate engine, atx autoquicksift trans,and diff'and so on. it cost some where around 11g's and that included the labor and discounts i recieved from my brother(owner) from jp imports in austell, ga. he had to do a crap load of custom work it took 6 months to have it street ready. If you want to have it done call jp imports and bring your car, i believe it will cost ya'll some where 20g but hey better thanb putting a used turbo from another car on ya woo thats stupid bro talk to a proffesional and see if thats such a great move man. oyea i got my woo for free with no engine so total spent 11g's thay why i did the swap manly. the crate engine pnly has 150 miles on it, i'm also saling it for 15g's for anyone that wants it. any questions call jp imports in georgia, or email me for copys of receipt's and dyno sheet. you can also stop by jp and take a look at it.
i ride 4 my niggaz...and die 4 my niggaz
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

well what ever it takes i guess

i doubt youll get 15gs for it

if i was you i wouldnt have done that, i would have gone with the 2.2 ecotec out of a junk yard and spent 11k in making it 1200hp, but thats just me

still would like to see some pictures if you can get them
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

Get the pictures, get them now, or...(here's my advice) just don't talk anymore about this subject.
thats stupid bro talk to a proffesional and see if thats such a great move man
What kind of professional? A turbo professional? :lol: Maybe a "Better not do that one" professional? Maybe a "I'd be pretty stupid to give someones brother 20k to tear apart my car" professional? :lol:

Until I see some pictures I have no faith in your claims...period. I mean come on WHERE is your email address...you keep saying "email me for dyno"...so where is the addy? And if you had it scanned in, you could just post it in the albums section and then tell everyone it is there!
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

$11,000 for putting a Honda Engine in a Lanos?!

Besides defeating the purpose of owning a Daewoo, wouldn't it have just been easier to buy a Civic and then do all of those mods to it?

I agree with WooHoo, 11k for a 2.2 and then cracking 1000 HP. Well, maybe not so much, but even if I had $11,000 laying around, an engine swap would be the last thing on my mind.

And then all that work just to sell it? No offense, but seems pointless.

But if thats how you like to ride, more power to you!

Damir.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

$11K into the 2.2L might still only give you 500whp.... it's hard to say... hopefully we will see what can be made in the near future :wink:

The guy with the 600hp 2.0L C20LET used all kinds of custom components and parts from other vehicles.(BMW Crankshaft)

I'm sure the Honda swap is just as possible as the Mazda swap that was on this board a while back... but $20K is a pile of money.

If I really wanted 375 hp and a 6spd transmission to handle all that torque I would simply import a C20LET ( 2.0L Facory Turbo ) with an F28 transmission from a Vauxhall Calibra.

I'm sure you could get one with low mileage...and have the whole front clip sent over on a boat.

A few thousand later and you have as much power as this honda swap.

Other than some modificaitons to some of the mounts (primarily to handle that kind of power) there really isn't much to it.

And that 375hp is without doing anything to the block.... just crank up the boost.

Now one thing to mention is that the C20LET with 375hp would absolutely destroy the B16 with the same horsepower.... and when I say destroy I really mean it.... there is way more torque in a C20LET than a B16.

As I said before..... I love honda engines but you really have to get them up around 5000RPM to make any decent power.

The C20LET would make massive torque numbers all the way down the RPM band.... so although both engines have 375hp when you put the two cars next to each other the C20LET would walk away without blinking twice.

There is no replacement for displacement

So with the other $18K to $15K I saved I think I'd buy myself a killer stereo and fix the beast up from head to toe.
sayhellotomylittlewoo

KINDA OFF SUBJECT

Post by sayhellotomylittlewoo »

I'm tring to find out how difficult (if at all possible)to make a vtec controler work for the etec of the woo's
Erich

Post by Erich »

I hope to have photo's of my C20GET engine with its Turbo.

my donor is a T3 Saab that i picked up. I am going to either use a Quad 4 or Fiero Throttle body.

very sweet!
Stefan
Super

Post by Stefan »

Erich wrote:I hope to have photo's of my C20GET engine with its Turbo.

my donor is a T3 Saab that i picked up. I am going to either use a Quad 4 or Fiero Throttle body.

very sweet!
I'd be intrested to see pics of that. Are you using an adaptor plate to mount the turbo? What does the Quad 4 TB look like?

Stef
Vauxhall Astra.
T3 60trim, Intercooler, Mopar Super 60 Injectors, SDS Stand Alone EFI, Cast T3 Manifold With External Wastegate + More...
Erich

Post by Erich »

Stefan wrote:
Erich wrote:I hope to have photo's of my C20GET engine with its Turbo.

very sweet!
I'd be intrested to see pics of that. Are you using an adaptor plate to mount the turbo? What does the Quad 4 TB look like?

Stef

The turbo flange appears to be a bolt on to the place of the old GM Garrett T2 turbo.

I will have to dig up some Quad photo's to get an image. It is 56mm stock. What is the C20GET's bore? Do you know by chance?

I am really excited about this swap. I have a new engine, new accessories, and a getrag MT282 trans(i am guessing these are rare)
The harness is from a 1989 Turbo Sunbird, and i have a couple of spare ECU's.

The plans are to drop into a 1991 Chevrolet Beretta, i had considered a Lemans(a Daewoo alliance car) but I want something a bit more unique.

I am going to be getting more in touch with Mike from engineered.net for some LSD's and possibly other C20GET stuff as this goes along. A friend of mine was actually working on this a few years ago, but this engine ending up being cracked.
[img]
http://www.mindspring.com/~edethloff/Ju ... Engine.JPG
[/img]
Stefan
Super

Post by Stefan »

That SAAB T3 could well bolt on. They did change from the T3 to a Mitsu TD04 which I know uses a T2 sized inlet flange.

The C20GET TB size is 43mm, the Fiero one is 54mm IIRC. I should know really as I have one on my intake in those pics at the beginning of this thread :oops: :lol:

Do you know of the LT3 engine site? http://lt3engine.board.dk3.com/2/index.php

You'll find quite a bit of info on these engines on there :)
Vauxhall Astra.
T3 60trim, Intercooler, Mopar Super 60 Injectors, SDS Stand Alone EFI, Cast T3 Manifold With External Wastegate + More...
Erich

Post by Erich »

Stefan wrote:That SAAB T3 could well bolt on. They did change from the T3 to a Mitsu TD04 which I know uses a T2 sized inlet flange.

The C20GET TB size is 43mm, the Fiero one is 54mm IIRC. I should know really as I have one on my intake in those pics at the beginning of this thread :oops: :lol:

Do you know of the LT3 engine site? http://lt3engine.board.dk3.com/2/index.php

I joined up there.

I went to my storage locker today to get some photo's.

I am going to use the Fiero TB, as the sensors are the same and i had one laying next to it.

You'll find quite a bit of info on these engines on there :)

It does not bolt on, were there different exhaust manifolds for the LT3?

The stock manifold is slightly smaller than my Saab's T3

Any suggestions for making work or a compatible turbo?