Wanted to say....

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

CHNDROSE
Junior

Wanted to say....

Post by CHNDROSE »

Thank you to everyone who I chatted with and especially those who helped me do things like change out brake pads for the first time. I learned a lot from here even though I was not the most active of members.

After putting 130K+ miles on my Reno I decided it was time for a new car. I shopped around and ended up with a good deal from Mazda and my beloved Reno is now the property of a friend of mine. So I still get to see her quite a bit (and will be changing out the spark plugs for my friend soon). Who knows, maybe I will buy her back in a few years and be back looking for more advice on what can be done.

After so many miles on her she developed a really bad oil leak (had the oil pan gasket replaced, it helped some) and that was the only needed odd repair, everything else was pretty much as expected. I even got better gas mileage than what she was rated for, a lot higher.

Anyway, thanks again for the help along the way.

CHNDRose
Light without shadow is blindness.
daewoomofo

Re: Wanted to say....

Post by daewoomofo »

bummer you sold the reno, but at least it went to a good home. hope you like the mazda.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

it is always good to hear from you.. and glad you are still in touch even though you sold your reno

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
CHNDROSE
Junior

Post by CHNDROSE »

Sorry to have posted and disappeared. I have been on the road so much this month that I have only been home a few days this past month.

The Mazda drives nice but there are a few things from the Reno I miss. Funny thing is that since I have sold her she has sat for quite a bit since her new owner does not get out much. That big oil leak? Not there anymore, strangest thing. Oil is full and no new spots on the driveway. Just one of those things but it was a big factor in 1) getting rid of her in the first place and 2) selling her so cheap.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

probably the oil was leaking due to an oil seal on the crank or so... if the car is not driven and oil is not being circulated... it won't drip

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267