msd to daewoo driver

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Stefan
Super

Post by Stefan »

Woo Hoo, thats some good work your doing there! Glad that it's working fine. I think that it will also work on the engines over here and would be great to use with a turbo :)

Stef
Vauxhall Astra.
T3 60trim, Intercooler, Mopar Super 60 Injectors, SDS Stand Alone EFI, Cast T3 Manifold With External Wastegate + More...
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

yust wondering is there a base programing in that thing? or how does it work?... i mean i geus stock it will ignite whit your avarege pre-ignition? or am i mistaken? as you said program it i was tinking in the line of givving it more pre-ignition wich gives more power?
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

Will this be available for us guys who wont be going with a Turbo? Would this benifit me and my stock 2000 Lanos HB SE
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

yeah im not turbo and its made huge difference, but i will be turbo soon

is it worth it? probably not going with what i got

there is different onse out there for way less money

as for programming it, you can do pretty much anything, you have to get cam sync sesnors and other stuff to open all the features but this is the same unit that is used in most drag aplications

when you say pre ignition your probably talking about advancing the timing

as for setting it back you would be calling it retarding the ignition
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

Cool good to know also when you have the time please let me know what would be good with that box you made thanks
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

heres some pics guys

everything that is msd is circled with blue

daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

looks great!

where's the daewoo->msd box installed?
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

its under the msd coil pack

couldnt get a picture of it but i can pull it out and take one if you guys want, to see how its hooked up
damian007vk
Super

Post by damian007vk »

but of course...LOL...yeah dude,,,pics are always welcome...so then when are these puppies going to be available?
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

damian007vk wrote:so then when are these puppies going to be available?
When I get off my ass and do something about it :roll:

Ideally it should work with other types of ignition.... basicly the device is a coil driver replacement and the output from the device is the signal most aftermarket ignition systems need to function.

I've been super busy with making a small building extension to house all my engines as it's going to snow here soon :shock:

It's rare that we make it to Halloween without geting dumped on and I don't have enough room for the engines inside :(

I spent any extra free time I had disassembling the 2.2L :D which is something I love doing... I'm destructive by nature so taking things apart is allways fun.

I also haven't had much time on weekends.... I've been winterizing my toys.

I've hired GsiTurbo on as an electronics tech so he should be able to produce a number of these drivers once he gets his website/business going.

I've still promised some units to WooHoo so those who allready have ignition systems can probably get them off him as well.
damian007vk
Super

i

Post by damian007vk »

i already have a digital dis-2 waiting to be installed, I just need to get one of those tower-4 coils...anyone better than another? anything else I might need? no other adaptor or plug or accessory?...I already got magnecor plug wires installed on my lanos as well.,....
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

if you go with a new coils pack you will have to get new ends for your wires as for the coil packs the once i listed should work fine infact i think the ford ones have the same wire boot plugin part as the daewoo so you might want to look into that as well
damian007vk
Super

Post by damian007vk »

ok, so if the ford msd 4 tower coil pack has the same connection, the only thing else I need for the setup is your little msd driver box, and the dis-2 itself, and nothing else right? How can I make sure that the ford one shares the same connection as daewoo...I mean I dont wanna be cutting or modifying my magnecor wires. And also, the only part of the setup I still dont understand to well is, how/or to where does the msd 4 tower coil pack plug/install into to????
damian007vk
Super

also

Post by damian007vk »

also so then do we need any adaptors like the tach adaptor? ok, maybe we dont need any necessarily but would any make the install easier/cleaner/better??? thanks
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

it wont work with any extra adapters, tried it and no run, as for the ford plug wire boots go to auto zone and ask to see some wires for the years listed on that pack and car it is for, then match them up, then you will need to go to the junk yard and buy a plug that plugs into the coil packs, kinda like the little brown one for the daewoo coils, but the one for the ford coils should only have 3 wires, it plugs the DIS 2 into the coils with out have wires everywhere, im sure you can find another way to do it but this was the easiest and cleanest for me