new fuel pump assembly with walbro255

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Jwoo

new fuel pump assembly with walbro255

Post by Jwoo »

hi
im wondering if anyone has been able to install a walbro in the new fuel pump assembly design? the daewoo original design is not being made and the ones from junkyards are not in good condition, the original pump assembly on the top portion of the canister has a thick rubber o-ring sealed with a metal clip to which the pump feeds the line, after 70,000 miles this rubber ring/plastic/and clip breaks creating an almost complete lost in fuel pressure keeping the vehicle from being driven, this has happened twice to me both times ive used: used pump assemblies, the new design eliminates the defect/flaw but taking out the actual pump itself is impossible without damaging the pressure system in the canister/basket, any suggestions how to fix my problem, where can i get an original new pump? any help appreciated.

p.s im running turbo setup with fmu

Jwoo

Re: new fuel pump assembly with walbro255

Post by Jwoo »

does anyone know the part# of the walbro pump that works with our fuel pump assembly on the lanos 1.6? also i've encountered a problem with my walbro 255 and 10:1 fmu, with 2.0 map sensor..car runs good for about the first 10-20min but after that the car misfires and seems like its runny out of gas...at lo-throttle the car does not respond....but at about 50-90% throttle and on boost(im guessing fmu holds pressure) car responds but with lots of misfires...has anyone encountered this problem before...could it be the design in the fuel return? any suggestions well appreciated. thanks
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

I'm not so familiar with the Lanos fuel pump setup, but I got a Walbro 255 in my Turbo Optra....

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... &start=570
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
xiaogary
Junior

Post by xiaogary »

I did posted my Walbro 255l fuel pump modification here before. I changed it to a return fuel line system with SARD Fuel Regulator regulating the fuel pressure. My ride is an aveo. Do a search see if you can find. I am lousy in such search.
Aveo 1.7M DOHC
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

when i installed my walbro
i used the old style fuel pump assembly
just removed the plastic hose and replace it with some rubber 3/8 hose
the only problem i got was at the fuel pick up
it didn't sealed and didn't reached the bottom of the fuel tank
so with 1/4 fuel tank the was acting like if it had none left in it
other than that the car ran fine