The longest Thread ever!!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

buddha102 wrote:
but can u help me about that spoiler? any1?
Best way to attach the spoiler is via 3M automotive grade double sided tape.

It will stick anything to anything.... it's a billion times sticker than most glue

It would be very expensive to buy a roll ( think it's like $70 for the good stuff ) but you might be able to find a piece on Ebay or at a local autobody supply shop.

I personally wouldn't glue anything....glue typically is not flexible enough to handle the natural contraction and expansion of dissimilar materials ( such as fiberglass or Urethane and glass )

The tape is foam based so it can handle expansion/contraction and it can take vibration (where as glue usually cant )

You may think "it's just foam tape" but quite often they are using this stuff for mounting body kits to avoid screws.

Even on RV's they are using this stuff.... that's why you get a perfectly smooth side.... it's foam taped underneath so that they don't need screws or nails.

If you go down to an autobody shop and tell them what you want to do they might sell you a foot of foam tape for cash under the table.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

thx mate, i appropriate it :D

will this work? or should i buy a thicker one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3M-Acryl ... ccessories
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

That is cheaper than I expect and it's not the one specificly for glass.... but it should work pretty good.

The thickness is fine.... you can double it up if you need to.... it's really really sticky so you have to get it right the first time or your screwed.

Seriously.... once it contacts it takes hundreds of pounds of force to pull it off and it usually breaks into pieces.

It is however great for all kinds of uses.... not just automotive.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
RSZT4
Junior

Post by RSZT4 »

Like said before use Alcohol to clean off your surface and do it on a warm day and you will be good. I want to see this so PICS! :)
The Few.... The Proud.... The Boosted
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

thx guys for info, unfortunately its too damn cold here to do it now and im low on money, but my piggy bank is full so i'll go to the bank to get some cash (dont judge me) :lol:

the problem is that i want to see how it looks like if i leave it red color, i might spray it silver or green on my car ;)

and

if everything goes well, I try posting some pics, and maybe a new "How to" post
RSZT4
Junior

Post by RSZT4 »

if you want to see how it will look before hand, email me some pics of it and I canPhotoshopthem for you ;)
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

u bet i will :D

thanks! ;)
RSZT4
Junior

Post by RSZT4 »

No problem. ;)
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

3-8

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

ive been bored the last few hours, and have been reading many medical texts online (cos i find them interesting)... and through further reading from harlequin "syndrome" to various migraine related things... i discovered that ive had "scintillating scotoma" twice (in the last 5 years)... and also possibly "osteitis fibrosa cystica" (more than 10 years ago) or some other closely related bone disease. and also "dyspepsia"... four times! (once every 4 or 5 years throughout my life so far)

just thought i'd share that with evryone. and if anyone is concerned... im all well n healthy at the moment.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

Just thinking about some recent conversation I had on here...it was suggested to start playing with my woo instead of buying an old beater and I've decided to do just that. I rewired the stereo today and put my pioneer speakers in. now I need to decide how I want to customize the exterior. I'm gonna use the car to display my customization abilities and maybe get some local work from it. I'm thinking maybe a slightly wider fender setup, cowl hood(2.5-3 inch), changing the headlights to have a more aggressive look. I know I want to do a custom interior where the back seats are gone and in there place is a fiberglass seat type thing with subs under the bottom and plexiglass windows so you can see them and a painted design of some sort... I've got lots of ideas so I'm gonna start sorting out exactly what I want...and I'm definately gonna do the turbo 1.6 in it.

I've got a question for Chris if he reads this. What metal will be best for me to make my adaptor to mount the turbo to the stock exhaust manifold? I wast figuring on using a stainless steel but I don't know if it'll take the heat/stress...what would you use? and what thickness pipe would you use? I was thinking .5 inch for the flange itself but I don't know how thick the pipe shoud be that will join the stock flange to the t3 flange?

Thanks

Jimmy
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

fuck i need a job :lol:
buddha102
Expert

Re: The longest Thread ever!!!

Post by buddha102 »

anyway, How should i paint the spoiler? should i put primer 1st then use the pain or just use paint and do couple of coats? (doing it with a spray can... ;)
daewoomofo

Re: The longest Thread ever!!!

Post by daewoomofo »

prime that bitch, take your time do it nice. if you rush it it will turn out shitty

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!