Site improvements

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

asam
Expert

Site improvements

Post by asam »

I know were all on at different times, but it would be cool to have a chat feature. We could set a time on lets say a Friday and have the members talk. Its just an idea and I have no clue about how much time it would take, if its possible and if anyone is interested.

Alex
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

If anyone is interested, I own IRC Dalnet #Daewootech for chat. :)

If you are using Windows, download mIRC from www.mirc.com/get.html

Install the program.
Fill out the boxes it asks for and remember to make sure the Enable Identd server box is checked.

Connect to the Dalnet network, either with the drop down menu listed on the IRC SERVERS list, or by typing:
/server mesra.dal.net
or
/server jade.dal.net

Then once it is connected, type:
/join #Daewootech

I will post pics of each step in here as soon as my server's FTP login is available again (they are doing upgrades right now).

If you need help or have any questions, please ask. :)

I hope to see you there!

Cliff
Efratech
Admin

Re: Site improvements

Post by Efratech »

asam wrote:I know were all on at different times, but it would be cool to have a chat feature. We could set a time on lets say a Friday and have the members talk. Its just an idea and I have no clue about how much time it would take, if its possible and if anyone is interested.

Alex

Im planning a refresh of the site... it ill be the same setup but with a different "skin" :wink:

a IRC java based chat room will be avaliable.. since OZ as already registered it on Dalnet i will use it as our chat room.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

yea mIRC is awesome, especially for downloading things... I used to have it, maybe I still do.... don't know.... since my network crashed I have not checked that computer...
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I suggested mIRC because most people use Windows.
Personally, I like Vision much better, but it is only for BeOS & Zeta.
It has the ability to have multiple servers connected at once and below that, it has an AIM style buddy list of everyone on your notify list. :)

Cliff
DavesDaewoo
Super

Post by DavesDaewoo »

Well, while we are throwing up some possible inprovements to the site heres some of my ideas,

An online store, for stickers ETC
sponserships, you pay to join the club get stickers, ans save on some online purchases for example only sayin online as many of us dont live close to oneanother, but if we got a few online sponsers that would be awesome,

not sayin everyone should pay to use the site, but if you collected from those who would consider this a sponser and they could get some discounted parts>? just an idea

Dave